Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Summer's still here!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Summer's still here! Empty Summer's still here! Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:08 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

We've finally had a few nights of frost, but we just picked our pumpkins and dug up skme potatoes.
Nothing special about that on October 7th, except my wife was wearing shorts and flip flops, and I was shirtless and sweating!
A nice 22 degrees as I'm typing this, and not only that, but I got a bit of a sunburn yesterday while cattle sorting!

2Summer's still here! Empty Re: Summer's still here! Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:27 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, not only was the Wife wearing shorts and flip flops, but she was walking Very Happy and probably without a cane to get her out of bed. Now that has gotta be summer happiness!! Can't say that the sun up here has any burning factors, none that I have felt anyways, and been outside working in tank tops too, my farmer's tan is fast leaving my body.

I still haven't picked our pumpkins. They are out the back in a huge manure pile from last year. Grew a great many squashes on that pile too, a whole whack of them, got them out, but not the pumpkins yet. Should do that today I guess. I'll take the quad and the little dump trailer out there, too far to carry those suckers.

It is not summer here. Down to about -3 average, will soon get much colder. But the days are nice and warm after about 11:00, a chill for sure in the air in the later morning time, but much nicer by 1:00, t-shirt for sure, but still, something in the air. Sundown, whack! Cold as the dickens and goes from about 24 to 12 in a very short order. Sundown over the mountain now is about 5:30, brrrrr....love the earlier evenings though. The birds like to go to bed about 6:30, some nice long evenings coming, lots of comfy fatty foods coming our way. Won't be long before spring is comin' round that corner, smiling. Have that wonderful day, CynthiaM.

3Summer's still here! Empty Re: Summer's still here! Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:54 pm

debbiej

Full Time Member
Full Time Member

No frost up here yet, need a touch for my King Apples. Surely getting cool after the sun goes down, far too early for me running out of daylight before I run out of work

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum