Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tractor input

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tractor input Empty Tractor input Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:12 am

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hopefully this year we can buy a newer tractor.
We have an old ford 9n which has been great but would like something bigger.

We would like something that has more horsepower
and can change implements ie: loader, blade, snowblower,
rotovator etc and maybe even a cab.
Not looking to spend $10,000 as we just hobby farm
and have let our small hay field go.

So lets here opinions please.
Thanks

2Tractor input Empty Re: Tractor input Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:18 am

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I ended up with a smaller Mahindra and love it. you can get them reasonably priced as there resale value is low but the quality is high. they are as well rated as kubotas. Mine is 4 wheel drive with a loader, it had just over 200 hours when I bought it and I paid 7500 dollars. It is great for my back and the amount of work it can do and yet it is just an 18 hp.

3Tractor input Empty Re: Tractor input Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:22 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Consider a Bobcat/skidsteer. It is truly the most useful piece of equipment we have on our farm.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

4Tractor input Empty tractor Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:36 pm

chickenhoarder

chickenhoarder
New Here

I bought a Bobcat CT20 compact tractor, I looked at all the makes for 6 months and priced them all out. I also made sure who could service it and how far away the dealer was. One thing I noticed was the difference in weights between manufactures,{ more weight, more metal, less wheel spin.} I love my tractor, best helper I have ever had. Remember the dealer is more important that the brand

5Tractor input Empty Re: Tractor input Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:58 am

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

But a bobcat or skid steer can not
take the implements we want to have.
The idea is to have one machine with
many implements.

6Tractor input Empty tractor Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:18 am

chickenhoarder

chickenhoarder
New Here

My Bobcat is a tractor is not a skid steer. But it does have a quik attach on the loader and it's great, two levers and I can change between the bucket, or pallet forks or a rock picker in seconds. The back has a standard 3 point hitch and pto that turns 540 rpm. I have a backhoe that fits on the back, and it works really well. 60 rototiller, rough cut mower, cement mixer, rear blade, rear rake{it's great for cleaning horse manure in the spring} and you can even get a under belly mower also as it has a 1000 rpm pto underneth. The dealer in my area told me as the smaller farms die out and get subdived up the people buying the small acreages want these compact tractors and he's selling more of them than large ones. The amont of attachments avaiable for them is incredable.

7Tractor input Empty Re: Tractor input Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:43 pm

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

chickenhoarder wrote:My Bobcat is a tractor is not a skid steer. But it does have a quik attach on the loader and it's great, two levers and I can change between the bucket, or pallet forks or a rock picker in seconds. The back has a standard 3 point hitch and pto that turns 540 rpm. I have a backhoe that fits on the back, and it works really well. 60 rototiller, rough cut mower, cement mixer, rear blade, rear rake{it's great for cleaning horse manure in the spring} and you can even get a under belly mower also as it has a 1000 rpm pto underneth. The dealer in my area told me as the smaller farms die out and get subdived up the people buying the small acreages want these compact tractors and he's selling more of them than large ones. The amont of attachments avaiable for them is incredable.

That sounds interesting can you post a picture?

What kind of money are they worth?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum