Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Join us as a CHB Board Member

+2
heda gobbler
liz
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Join us as a CHB Board Member Empty Join us as a CHB Board Member Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:31 pm

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

WE have 4 positions coming up for election Vice-President,Secretary,and 2 Directors. To be nominated for a position or nominate someone for a position,you must have a current membership with CHB.     

A brief job description of each position:

Vice-President  

Act in the absence of the President.
     Perform such duties as may be directed by the President or Board.
     Become the public relations designate responsible for keeping the public informed about the functions of CHB.
     Chair the nominating committee.

Secretary

Keep minutes of all meetings of the Executive, Directors and general membership of CHB.
Notify the membership of meetings as required by the regulations.
Receive and respond to all correspondence as directed by the Board.
Perform such other duties as may be directed by the Board.
Circulate information of interest to the general membership.
Keep an orderly record and history of the operations of CHB.
Provide the incoming Secretary with an in-service prior to turning over the records

Director

Participate in ad-hoc and or standing committees as required.
Assist with committee duties as appointed by the Executive or the President.
Act as an ambassador to members for CHB to maintain the objectives of CHB.
Provide constructive information at meetings to maintain the objective of CHB.

WE have 5 to 6 meetings a year in Central Alberta. We also have on average 10 displays a year plus our Show weekend and summer show/sale. You are expected to participate in 75% of these commitments. This is a large time commitment BUT there is many perks! 

Working towards a common goal with people that have the same passion.
Networking for your business/obsession 
Doing your part to educate to save our Heritage breeds
Have input into the largest Heritage breed
  Participate in Heritage breeds Seminars and Newsletters
Become one of the focal persons for Heritage breeds in Western Canada
Setup and run Heritage displays
Become part of a group that people, gov’t and general public come to for information on Heritage breeds

We are fortunate to have Peavey Mart on board giving us a hand through financial, advertising and business support. With this support our association has great potential for accelerated growth. You should be part of this!

Nominations  for the four positions can be made by email or in person at the annual general meeting October 6 in Red Deer A.B. All voting must be made in person at the agm. Remember to nominate or to be a nominee you must be a member of CHB. Please feel free to email me with nominations  Come join us!

2Join us as a CHB Board Member Empty Re: Join us as a CHB Board Member Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:15 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Can attendance at meetings be by conference call or is in person attendance required?

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

3Join us as a CHB Board Member Empty Re: Join us as a CHB Board Member Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:50 pm

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Yes we could do conference calls or facetiime

4Join us as a CHB Board Member Empty Re: Join us as a CHB Board Member Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:58 pm

Country Thyme Farm

Country Thyme Farm
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

liz wrote:This is a large time commitment BUT there is many perks!

Working towards a common goal with people that have the same passion.
Networking for your business/obsession
Doing your part to educate to save our Heritage breeds
Have input into the largest Heritage breed
Participate in Heritage breeds Seminars and Newsletters
Become one of the focal persons for Heritage breeds in Western Canada
Setup and run Heritage displays
Become part of a group that people, gov’t and general public come to for information on Heritage breeds

Plus, it might help convince Liz to be your friend. Pretty good perk if I say so myself!

http://countrythyme.ca

5Join us as a CHB Board Member Empty Re: Join us as a CHB Board Member Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:03 pm

Country Thyme Farm

Country Thyme Farm
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Oh, and is there a limit to how many people you can nominate Liz?

http://countrythyme.ca

6Join us as a CHB Board Member Empty Re: Join us as a CHB Board Member Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:18 am

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

You can nominate as many members as you like.

7Join us as a CHB Board Member Empty Re: Join us as a CHB Board Member Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:28 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey everyone,

With this weekend's Canadian Heritage Breeds AGM (Annual General Meeting) coming up, this Saturday Oct 6th. I think it's time to bring this thread alive again.

A couple questions for reasons of clarification, not only for myself, but for any others interested that might have forgotten about this.

How does the nomination process work? Do we nominate individuals as per the position we feel they would best fill / represent?
For reasons of example only: Can a current CHB member Nominate Karebare2 for Director, as well as Vice President position, can one member be nominated for 2 positions?

Can you also then nominate another current member for the same positions?
Example: Nominating Both KareBare2 and another member for Director?
I ask this question, as there are two available positions available for Director.

With in the same scenario of "double nominating" would this then apply to a position such as Vice President?
Example: nominating KareBare2 and another member for Vice President?

It was mentioned that one individual can nominate as many people as they would like.
Staying within the realm of reason, it's just conceived that someone wouldn't go and nominate 10 different people for the same position as that would be counter productive.

Any clarification would be beneficial to those whom might still be fence sitting in regards to this upcoming event.

I am interested in just how many other people are planning on attending?

8Join us as a CHB Board Member Empty Re: Join us as a CHB Board Member Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:39 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

lol I was thinking about this while making dinner...

karebare2 Can't be nominated as she is not a CHB member... Razz Sorry sweetheart

9Join us as a CHB Board Member Empty Re: Join us as a CHB Board Member Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:03 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

But!

Can Jonny head down with Karebare and pay her membership then nominate her?

If one train going southbound at 70 mph meets a northbound train going 100 mph, how many cups of flour do you need to bake a cake?

10Join us as a CHB Board Member Empty Re: Join us as a CHB Board Member Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:15 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Schipperkesue wrote:But!

Can Jonny head down with Karebare and pay her membership then nominate her?

If one train going southbound at 70 mph meets a northbound train going 100 mph, how many cups of flour do you need to bake a cake?

Are you saying there will be Cake? Am I baking the Cake?
All aboard!

11Join us as a CHB Board Member Empty Re: Join us as a CHB Board Member Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:26 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Everyone come to the CHB AGM! Jonny is supplying refreshments! Woo hoo!

12Join us as a CHB Board Member Empty Re: Join us as a CHB Board Member Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:39 pm

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yeah Jonny Anvil you can nominate as many members as you want for the open positions.
It is not counter productive to nominate more than one person as long as you believe they will do well at that position.

13Join us as a CHB Board Member Empty Re: Join us as a CHB Board Member Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:26 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

k.r.l wrote:Yeah Jonny Anvil you can nominate as many members as you want for the open positions.
It is not counter productive to nominate more than one person as long as you believe they will do well at that position.

Thanks for the clarification, that is what I thought was the case.
I know I will be nominating one particular individual for two positions, I will reveal that at the AGM.

The counter productive comment was directed at the idea of someone nominating 10-20 different people for just one position like the Vice President... that to me would seem counter productive as if someone was to do that, they would be saying more or less all these people would make a good Vice president. Maybe I am thinking about the nomination process like the actual vote.

Great to see this topic alive again... Very Happy

14Join us as a CHB Board Member Empty Re: Join us as a CHB Board Member Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:02 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Schipperkesue wrote:Everyone come to the CHB AGM! Jonny is supplying refreshments! Woo hoo!

I am?

I thought I was bringing Doughnuts. Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum