Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My commitment as a CHB Director to you as a member!

+2
poplar girl
Jonny Anvil
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey Everyone,

As posted in a separate thread I wanted to repost here to open up discussions for all.

As a new Elected member on the Board, I recognize and am interested in hearing what members and non members alike feel and have to say. It's always important to get feedback and find out the opinions our members and future members have.

I am new to the Board, and will be honest we can't fulfill every expectation of each one of our members, but will do our best to collectively work towards maintaining the integrity and relations between the CHB and it's member base.

With CHB still in it's infancy, there is a great amount of potential for expansion and growth. This also means a great amount of work, preparation and effort that needs to be put forth.
I would like to thank and acknowledge the previous board members for their countless hours of support, efforts and time that went into bringing CHB to the point it is today.

To implement change, and have things running as a smooth operation does take time. The CHB Board is working collectively together to bring CHB as a whole, into the next chapter. It's our goal to keep our members and the general public up to-date on current events related to CHB.

I understand that there are concerns and issues that need to be addressed and that's what we are here for, after all with out members there would not be CHB.

As Director you can address your concerns, ideas, opinions, suggestions or comments in a public forum, via Private messaging or by emailing myself, or another board member.
I will do my best to answer and address in a timely manor.

In the days to come we will have our updated Board of Directors Members list posted, and some updates to the website as well.

With the CHB Show coming up soon, our focus is on ensuring this year's event is as great, if not better then the previous year.

I look forwards to working hand in hand with the members of CHB, as well as the CHB board to continue the growth and expansion of this amazing club and community.

We appreciate your support & understanding while we are in the middle of a transition, and look forwards to your continued support as CHB emerges into another year!

Feel free to contact myself...

Thank you for your time,

Jonathan M Samis
CHB Director
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Jonny Anvil on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

poplar girl

poplar girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Congratulations on your new position as a director of CHB Jonny. I very much admire and appreciate your enthusiasm. A great first step is one of communication which you are already making.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Thank you,

I look forwards to this as a learning experience and a way to further my passions, create new networks and friends.

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well said Jonny!
You have great points! Looking forward to that great energy you have!
Glad to see you on the board.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Thank you Kyle.

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congratulations Johnny. I can only imagine from my sense of you on this forum that you will be a real asset to the group.

I really enjoyed the one CHB show I attended last December and would love to be able to go once a year but it is a long drive for those of us living in the southern parts of BC and Saskatchewan. Any chance it could be moved to the Lethbridge or Fort McLeod area? Not every show but one of them each year? I also can only imagine all the work involved and don't even know if my request is at all realistic.

Also, the winter show makes it a sketchy drive for those of us travelling a long distance. Perhaps an October show instead of a December show?

I'm sorry! By CHB do we mean Canadian Heritage Breeds?

Grats, Johnny!

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

ChicoryFarm wrote:
I really enjoyed the one CHB show I attended last December and would love to be able to go once a year but it is a long drive for those of us living in the southern parts of BC and Saskatchewan. Any chance it could be moved to the Lethbridge or Fort McLeod area? Not every show but one of them each year? I also can only imagine all the work involved and don't even know if my request is at all realistic.

Also, the winter show makes it a sketchy drive for those of us travelling a long distance. Perhaps an October show instead of a December show?

Hello ChicoryFarm . CHB is glad you enjoyed the CHB Show last Dec! The chance of moving the show to a different location is quite hard to do. It tends to work best to have events held in the same location each year and even at a similar time. When events are moved too often it is not only confusing for people planning to attend the event, but also cost double the advertising costs for new events.

The show is now being held November 23-25th. The date last year was later than CHB had wanted but it was the only available opening for the building rental. Summer and Early Fall is often not the best time for a Poultry Show as the early fall the adult birds are often in Molt. So that is why late fall to early winter is more ideal time to show poultry even if the road may not be ideal.

CHB tries to take things like this all into consideration when we plan events. We CHB are a non-profit volunteer group that works to put on our Annual Show. The show is very expensive to put on and we try very hard to just break even. We also have our annual show in Red Deer as that is where most of our funding and sponsorship comes from, along with our volunteer base. I know last year it took many local volunteers multiple trips back and forth from our farms to the show to bring supplies, silent auction items, livestock penning, decorations, and then another trip back to get our own stock for the show. Also to put on the show a semi is needed to haul in the trailer that hold all the show cages and such. It is not cheap to rent a semi driver to move this trailer.

Hopefully as the hobby grows there will be a chance to do something in multiple different locations.

Country Thyme Farm

Country Thyme Farm
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Sweetened wrote:I'm sorry! By CHB do we mean Canadian Heritage Breeds?

Grats, Johnny!

Yes sweetened, we do! Very Happy

http://countrythyme.ca

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Jonny it is great to have you and Karrie on the CHB board. New ideas are always welcome. Looking forward to seeing our future with our new board and our members that are so keen. cheers

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

k.r.l wrote:
ChicoryFarm wrote:

Hello ChicoryFarm . CHB is glad you enjoyed the CHB Show last Dec! The chance of moving the show to a different location is quite hard to do. It tends to work best to have events held in the same location each year and even at a similar time. When events are moved too often it is not only confusing for people planning to attend the event, but also cost double the advertising costs for new events.

The show is now being held November 23-25th. The date last year was later than CHB had wanted but it was the only available opening for the building rental. Summer and Early Fall is often not the best time for a Poultry Show as the early fall the adult birds are often in Molt. So that is why late fall to early winter is more ideal time to show poultry even if the road may not be ideal.

CHB tries to take things like this all into consideration when we plan events. We CHB are a non-profit volunteer group that works to put on our Annual Show. The show is very expensive to put on and we try very hard to just break even. We also have our annual show in Red Deer as that is where most of our funding and sponsorship comes from, along with our volunteer base. I know last year it took many local volunteers multiple trips back and forth from our farms to the show to bring supplies, silent auction items, livestock penning, decorations, and then another trip back to get our own stock for the show. Also to put on the show a semi is needed to haul in the trailer that hold all the show cages and such. It is not cheap to rent a semi driver to move this trailer.

Hopefully as the hobby grows there will be a chance to do something in multiple different locations.

Thanks Kyle. I reckoned so but just thought I'd ask. Smile Thanks again for everyone's hard work to make it all happen every year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum