Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff Empty sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff Mon May 06, 2013 6:36 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Last week we had snow 3 times and last wed our back field was still covered in white so I was collecting goose eggs so they wouldn't freeze over night.
My Lucy goose laying me an egg
sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff NIK_2175

One fuzzy duckling, 1 wet duckling, 1 bill right out of shell and 1 egg pipped but not out yet
sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff NIK_2815

snuggly ducky
sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff NIK_2940

VERY relaxed snuggly ducky
sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff NIK_2965

My eldest son dug the clay out last year and so we have a small but deep pool and although not pretty yet Romeo was happy to have an evening swim in it
sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff NIK_3373

Finally warmer evening temps this weekend so gave Lucy back her eggs and she immediately laid another and sat so here she is in her nest
sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff NIK_3452

Then hubby came in behind me...
sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff NIK_3451

sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff NIK_3454
Don't mess with momma goose and her nest! Only I'm allowed in and around her now and really I'm just tolerated because I bring broccoli LOL

Romeo and Leandra having a serious discussion about the peeping ducklings out in their backyard
sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff NIK_3489

daughter duckling sitting
sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff NIK_3497

oldest son duckling sitting....
sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff NIK_3506

Turkey hen found shaving pile
sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff NIK_3518

happy shaving covered hen
sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff NIK_3523

showing off still! man do they ever get tired of showing off hen doesn't even pay attention but he's always under foot!
sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff NIK_3524

black bird on horsey back
sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff NIK_3545

sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff NIK_3546

Little duckies today in their pool brooder in the barn
sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff NIK_3580

2sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff Empty Re: sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff Mon May 06, 2013 6:54 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

3sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff Empty Re: sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff Mon May 06, 2013 7:57 pm

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

great photos thanks for sharing

4sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff Empty Re: sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff Mon May 06, 2013 8:17 pm

lovely!!

5sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff Empty Re: sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff Mon May 06, 2013 8:28 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

You really understand your friends and family!

I love the blissful sound of turkey hens dust bathing!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

6sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff Empty Re: sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff Mon May 06, 2013 10:41 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thanx its been a hectic couple of weeks with the kids school so this sudden weekend of amazing summer weather was LOVELY! It was crazy with the ground suddenly no longer snow covered we have LOTS to do but its much nicer to do it in SUNSHINE cheers

When I came out of the barn oldest son had feet in duckling pool and ducklings were still flinging water around even with his toes in there LOL I spooked them off to the side. We have alot of ravens, magpies and hawks hanging around so ducklings have to be closely supervised when catching rays and flinging water Very Happy I did have something to say though when i later found son walking around inside the house with those feet AHHHHH!

Turkey hen is lovely and nice to have around actually she loves my youngest son and follows him everywhere but never is a pest or bother. Tom turkey though is a royal pain in the butt! ALWAYS underfoot and can't be trusted with youngest son as he has attacked him which is only going to make him tastier.....

7sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff Empty Re: sunshine, waterfowl and other stuff Thu May 09, 2013 8:11 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Lovely pics of kids and critters. sunny Thanks for sharing!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum