Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Our Sunshine is Back!!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Our Sunshine is Back!! Empty Our Sunshine is Back!! Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:37 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

2Our Sunshine is Back!! Empty Re: Our Sunshine is Back!! Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:05 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Tara, I am near blushing, I am near teary eyed. Thank you so much for those kind words, these things strike deep within my soul and heart. Each time that someone tells me how much they love me, or should I say my words, smiling that big smile, as you clearly do, in a way of cyber of space, it glows in my soul. You have made my day sunshiney, my dark skied morning, full of sunshine, thank you for that. Mushy. Nope. I don't think so, just imparting thoughts, and when others can impart their thoughts, without being hungup by an inability to let these thoughts be known to any that wish to hear, that is a gift. I can also speak my thoughts, my words, I have no fear of hurting others feelings, I will always tell it like it is, and as you said, to me, once upon a time, if you ask me if you look fat in that dress, I will tell you so, if you do, but still tell you that you are beautiful (remember those words, something kind of familiar). Anyways, sometimes I feel as though I am self-centred, but maybe I am, maybe I am not, doesn't matter. I am a happy gal!! Very Happy I love to believe that wishing everyone a wonderful day, will take a person that may feel sad, and perhaps change that feeling of sadness, a bright feeling, if only for a few moments, or maybe it will change how the day goes. Who knows, but one of my agendas in life, is to wish us all to have a wonderful day, I impart this, always, and always will. Happy feelings are a very powerful thing, pass it forward....if I shed happiness to another’s soul, my quest for this has been accomplished, and in my mind’s eye, I am happy too.

My family visit was wonderful, so many Siblings, my Nieces and Nephews, and a few good friends. Lovely, but oh so good to be home from our trip. My Niece, who always so graciously gives up her bedroom for her Auntie and Uncle when we come down, too, will be happy to have her room back. Four nights or sleeping elsewhere. What a beautiful girl. I brought her a most lovely necklace that I had seen in a mall, a beautiful stone on a black leather that I thought was most appropriate, my gift for such a wonderful deed as she does, each and every time. She is my sunshine. She recently got a job at Starbuck’s, moved over from Tim Horton’s and she will bring sunshine to that store too, glowing....she is that way. And eggs, yes the celebration of eggs, I wish that I could have brought more, only 4.5 dozen, but the hens have not quite began to lay big yet, so this was a smaller gathering. But eggs, yes, those graced our morning meals with welcomed arms, my gift, one truly so much appreciated by my family. When I have more eggs, next time down, the rest of my Siblings will have mounds of eggs to grace their tables. But with 10 people eating each morning, a dozen eggs does not go far. Yes. With Hubby and me, that is 10 for the breakfast table of my very prolific Sister, in her younger years, smiling. She just never knew when to stop having those babes in arms.

We had a very busy time going down too. We helped out another fellow on a different chicken forum and took down two boxes of old English game birds, two trios. They went in the trunk, along with our “stuff” we were bringing down, it was jampacked full, and surely kept those bantams warm and comfy with all the human scent in there, but the eggs, smiling again. We were passing almost right by the pick up point and driving right past the point where we were doing the drop off, so it was not out of the way, even for a moment. The receiver of the birds was in a little chicken heaven when he got them. A young man that he provides respite care for, who is autistically challenged, chose one of the trios, and came to get the birds too, was even more thrilled when the trunk opened and he knew there were two trios of bantams in our trunk. It felt good to pass forward an event, in which KathyJK had travelled to Red Deer to get my little blue cochins, bring them back to Cranbrook overnight, and then a long 5 hour road trip up to Revelstoke to meet me. I was passing this wonderful deed of Kathy’s in a very small way.... In the front of the car was Hubby and me. In the back seat was the dogs, yes, dogs comin’ out our ears!! Our big boy Coder, a Dalmation X Rottwheiller, very much overweight, and two puppies, our Daughter’s puppies, Bichon friese X Chihuahua, and oh, cute as the dickens. Our back seat was full of dogs, and more human stuff. What a zoo. Our poor Toyota camry, lucky for four doors, and not too worried if the car gets rather messed up, all is cleanable, in every way.

Coming back our car was less full, but still full. Now in the trunk instead of two boxes was a carrier for pets, that was full of big cochins, three black and one white, hens, two year olds. Ones that my girlfriend has been nurturing now for two years, and yes, with yellow shanks and feet. My soul basis for one day having a breed of cochins that will have full yellow leg genes, gonna get there, slowly, surely, in no hurry whatsoever, and in the meantime will still have beautiful cochins, perhaps not with 100% yellow legged genes, but travelling down that long and lonesome road for surely. Big, big girls and I am pleased, my golden gals. Bumped them in with the other cochins (my girlfriend keeps a very beautiful chicken yard with her Viking (Icelandic) birds, along with others). I listened and watched very closely to ensure that all looked and sounded healthy. Yep, free ranging in her beautiful back, wet southwestcoast yard, and happy, big, fat birds. I did not feel any need whatsoever to keep them separated. I know when I see birds that are unwell, and all her her birds were well. The only one that paid any mind to these new gals was the young cockerel. Guess he wanted to show her that he could be bossman too, only because they are new. The rooster just looked, I’m sure he had things on his mind. The other big gals, well, they just looked too. Welcome to our family....

There was another little puppy still at our Daughter’s house, that stayed home and didn’t come for the trip down to the coast. That puppy, along with the puppy that came down to the coast is coming to live with us and our big ol’ Coder dog. Life will be very different with two little puppies (9 weeks old now) in our teeny tiny trailer, but they are small, we are gentle and careful folk (and I promised Daughter that we won’t step on them, smiling). They came home to us last night after we had a most beautiful dinner cooked for our 31st anniversary (yep, on Valentine’s Day). And I am watching them play their little souls out, as I type, they are beautiful, they are kind and they are intelligent. The Bichon breeding takes care of those beautiful attritubes. Boy oh, boy, I thought life was busy before. This farm is a dog haven, with us now three dogs, her two large dogs and three small dogs, yep, lots’o’dogs here, lovin’ every minute of it.

Sunshine. Yep we got that, we came home Monday to sunshine, warmth 9 degrees, night still -9, yesterday sunshine, night -9 and today looks like the sun shines again. Good. Got lots of water pumping to do on the driveways around here, pumped to lower spots. That is a job that I love to do, and so I hook up hose and pump, which pumps 400 gallons and hour and I pump water, smiling. Love every minute of that too. The snow and ice is melting as fast as it can, when the sun comes up over the mountain and warms the land. About 11:00 I can expect the frozen to be thawed enough to get the pump rollin’ again. My agenda, today, and probably a few more days yet. It is good, it brings me out to the sunshine, that brings those lovely serotonin levels up, sunshine is good, and it gives me wonderful vitamin D, so lacking in the deep winter. I get to meld with my birds, happy days for them too, sunshine is good for all bodies and soul. Oh and yes, I can actually see outside at 5:30, loving those longer days in spring. Never meant this to be a long post, but got to ramblin’, and ramblin’ seems to be my way. To all my forum friends, have that beautiful day, one of happiness and love, CynthiaM.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum