Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sunshine over the mountain top

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sunshine over the mountain top Empty Sunshine over the mountain top Wed May 01, 2013 7:33 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yep, 6:25 that sun poked her beautiful head over the mountain. It peaks at the solstace of summer at about 6:00 AM and then begins the slide back to the other side of the sky. Gone from -2 to 5 in about 10 minutes. Bring on the sun. Today it will shine. The wind has gone, the fields are green as green can be, and it is gonna be a good day. Sun, all day long, until the very end, come about after the dinner hour, maybe 7:30, I should really take account of that one, but bring on the sun, all day long....

I recall a song called "The Old Cat on the Roof" by, well, I just can't remember, but it was from the good ol' days.

"it'll shine when it shines, you might think I'm wastin' time, but I'm just a good ol' boy that's learned to wait"

Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

2Sunshine over the mountain top Empty Re: Sunshine over the mountain top Wed May 01, 2013 9:56 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

3Sunshine over the mountain top Empty Re: Sunshine over the mountain top Thu May 02, 2013 6:52 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yep, Tara, that be the song, of course, it is called "it'll shine when it shines", just the old cat on the roof was part of the lyrics. I loved then and still love today many artists of that era, especially the Ozark Mountain Daredevils,(oh so many, David Bromberg especially comes to mind, smiling), oh and.......too many to list -- and I loved the name of the band too. Yep. It'll shine when it shines, gonna have that sunshine again in about 30 minutes. Beautiful days, CynthiaM.

4Sunshine over the mountain top Empty Re: Sunshine over the mountain top Thu May 02, 2013 7:12 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

The way the mountains are in this valley, we get very late sun in the winter. It is nice to have it earlier this time of year and this month it will be far enough North to come up in a dip in the mountains and we will have sun very early. Not quite as early as you CynthiaM, but earlier. I love the sun and I am so looking forward to summer time. Surely Spring has to come eventually?

5Sunshine over the mountain top Empty Re: Sunshine over the mountain top Thu May 02, 2013 8:10 am

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

coopslave wrote:The way the mountains are in this valley, we get very late sun in the winter. It is nice to have it earlier this time of year and this month it will be far enough North to come up in a dip in the mountains and we will have sun very early. Not quite as early as you CynthiaM, but earlier. I love the sun and I am so looking forward to summer time. Surely Spring has to come eventually?

Does it have to come? We keep bouncing between summer and winter. I hear it is supposed to be plus 25 this weekend in my neck of the woods, Had snow a couple of days ago.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum