Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eating Egg Prices- What does a dozen cost in your neck of the woods?

+14
jon.w
happychicks
Blue Hill Farm
Susan
rosewood
fuzzylittlefriend
ChicoryFarm
la-chicken
KatuskiFarms
smokyriver
ipf
Bowker Acres
Hidden River
Schipperkesue
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

coopslave wrote:I always end up giving all mine away.... Rolling Eyes
I am shockin about asking for money for stuff I raise or produce.... Rolling Eyes
I suppose I should get over that.

I am not the ONLY one that has this problem????? I must give away thousands of $$$$ in veggies and canning every year. It costs me little to grow, I love doing it and it is my hobby. I am THE worst business woman on the planet. I am thankful hubby is good at it and I don't have to be. I used to try to sell Epicure, but had to quit because I have problems asking for money.

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I sell mine for $4, and the meds for $3, but quite often my customers give me a 5 and don't worry about it. I do deliver them while I work, and also have customers that give me $20 and just ask for eggs when they need them until their credit is up.
$3.50 to $4.00 is common everywhere around here judging by the roadside signs. I've never seen under $3.50.

jon.w

jon.w
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hillbilly wrote: I sell mine for $4, and the meds for $3, but quite often my customers give me a 5 and don't worry about it. I do deliver them while I work, and also have customers that give me $20 and just ask for eggs when they need them until their credit is up.
$3.50 to $4.00 is common everywhere around here judging by the roadside signs. I've never seen under $3.50.
Same here just 1 hr up the highway from you Arrow

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

some of My eggs
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.popscoops.com

Susan wrote:I charge $6 delivered and $5 at the door. I sell about 25- 30 doz a week. (All regular customers). I deliver on Tuesdays(it takes just under 2 hours) and bill at the end of the month. I also sell produce in the summer I'm very thankful for a wonderful client group Smile
.....Yikes , that's a lot of eggs ! I sell when I have eggs , or the wife sells that is and what ever she charges ? I think it's around $2.65 a dozen ? It's real hard around here because every other driveway has a sign that they sell eggs ? I /We sell to friends who appreciate the farm eggs over store bought

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum