Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Heritage Pie Pumpkin Seeds : I can mail some if anyone would like them?

+15
Fowler
dooversue
pfarms
Dan Smith
DoubleSSRanch
ChicoryFarm
appway
poplar girl
Prairie Chick
chickeesmom
pops coops
CynthiaM
debbiej
nuthatch333
mirycreek
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Interestinger and interestinger. I'll keep the seeds separate. I'll have to think up a name for my new variety. lol!

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was just going to revive this thread, I was very curious to see how people did, but I was a little embarassed to admit that I, myself, did not have any luck with my own seed at all this year!
I had left a big part of the garden for the pumpkins and after the first ones didnt germinate, I planted again and finally had to admit that they were not going to come either.
When I dug down, I found the seeds and they had mostly just rotted not sprouted, very disappointing.
I was hoping i hadnt sent everyone some dud seeds!
Glad to hear some had some luck and the funny thing is that last year I got some funny green ones too but just assumed they were a volunteer of some sort.
I didnt plant any other kind of squash or pumpkin that year so maybe my original seed contained the cross?! who knows?
Luckily my neigbour brought me over some pumpkins so at least we can have some jackolanterns for the kids..
I will try to plant some of the original seed next year and see what transpires...
Anyone else have any luck?

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh, this triggers me to go and get those pumpkins from the back poop pile. I know they are growing furiously. I'll see how many plants are there too and take some pictures. I know when I retrieved the squashes from the pile there was a few. I have a pretty bluey kindy of greeny coloured on too that I picked about 2 weeks ago, cause it really didn't look like it was going to ripen. Gonna go get them today and get some pictures. Miry, too bad nothing came of the seed, that is weird for sure. Maybe was too cold in the ground or too wet when you planted? This manure pile is in an non-irrigated area as no hoses could reach that far. Didn't matter, the squashes and pumpkins still grew to lovely sizes. that was very nice to see. June was wet, July had some rain, but August and September had barely any water in the form of rain, but still they grew nicely, odd to me. Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Also, if I am not too late...
Please may I have some seeds? What do you need ? Postage and envelope mailed to you? Thank ewe. It is kind of you to share.

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Unfortunately we had a poor crop with all our squash and pumpkins this year. None of them sized up or ripened up, still very green and we also had a lot of rodent damage from the voles. The rodent damage is not unusual although worse this year but why the pumpkins didn't develop properly is a mystery. Too bad. Sure was fun though being part of the seed receiving movement last year. Thanks miry!

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I too had a poor crop, most of my flowers were males and it is the females that produce the fruit...so i am told.
I did end up with 3 pumpkins so I will save the seeds and plant them next summer Smile

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

The Fat Ewe wrote:Also, if I am not too late...
Please may I have some seeds? What do you need ? Postage and envelope mailed to you? Thank ewe. It is kind of you to share.
I am sorry as I only have a handful of seeds left from my 50 pounder and then of course a few original seeds....
I ordered them from Alana Danko in Ontario originally but maybe someone else on here has some to spare this year?
Here is here website:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

58Heritage Pie Pumpkin Seeds :  I can mail some if anyone would like them? - Page 3 Empty Pumpkin seeds Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:10 pm

cuckoomama

cuckoomama
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I would love some if I'm not too late... pm me with your mailing address. I have some chia seeds if you are interested in them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum