Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A surprise in the mail...........

+2
heda gobbler
fuzzylittlefriend
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A surprise in the mail........... Empty A surprise in the mail........... Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:20 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well today we get a letter addressed to my son from the American Bantam Association. I was rather puzzled as to what the could be sending him.

Well it was a congratulatory letter and a ribon for his hen winning Reserve Champion Bantam by a Junior at the APA National show last November!

I had no clue he had won that! She had won BB and BV for the mille fleur d'uccles but this was super exciting!

Well I seem to be more excited anyways but I'm sure he will be back to nattering about "my champion hen" soon enough.

This hen is on the left of my son in my avatar ( picture left-on his right side). The hen on the other side was our reserve BB and reserve BV hen as well.
Very Happy

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

2A surprise in the mail........... Empty Re: A surprise in the mail........... Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:35 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wonderful! Good for him - and good for the Association. These little gestures are so important to keeping people enthusiastic and feeling that it is worth it.

I'm impressed all around!

I hope your son keeps nattering!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

3A surprise in the mail........... Empty Re: A surprise in the mail........... Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:41 pm

cornel

cornel
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

i got all my different things from the national from the ABA today as well! they are a bit behind, as i got all my other wins from them this year about 3 weeks after the shows.

4A surprise in the mail........... Empty Re: A surprise in the mail........... Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:01 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Its kinda cool. I had no idea we even won that or that they sent that stuff out!

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

5A surprise in the mail........... Empty Re: A surprise in the mail........... Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:14 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congratulations! It must have made his day!

6A surprise in the mail........... Empty Re: A surprise in the mail........... Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:48 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

That’s awesome! Smile Congrats to your son on his champion hen!

7A surprise in the mail........... Empty Re: A surprise in the mail........... Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:19 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh Anne, I remember admiring your little birds at the show (and the black cochin, large fowl too). These are the things that create little chicken lovers, praise for these little things that little people do. Your Son doesn't yet realize it, but this form of praise has instilled within his very soul a deep desire now. A desire that will manifest itself when he grows and remembers, oh so long ago, that recognition for that pretty little bird. I love it when children are praised, it goes such a long ways, maybe not at the present, but years down the road to make happy people. These things are not usually realized until later in life. Recall times when you were given praises as a child, I am sure that some stand out strongly in the mind, these form the person we are these days. I am so happy for your Son. Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

8A surprise in the mail........... Empty Re: A surprise in the mail........... Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:38 am

I think that's pretty great too. Can't say it as well as Cynthia, but my sentiments are similar. It makes you glow in the warmth of love for your son and your shared hobby, and it gives renewed life and light to that spark of excitement that, for a little boy, might seem a little distant right now as we head into some cold winter weather. Enjoy the accolade!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum