Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Helping a comb to heal/look pretty for show?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DoubleSSRanch

DoubleSSRanch
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I noticed today that my BLRW roo has a few scabs on his comb and wattle. From being a brat with the other rooster of course. What can I do to help him heal and look good? I never did figure out what one should do with a birds comb on show day either... mineral oil? I see a few people putting SOMETHING ont here, but I never know what it is lol

What I am going to do, unless I get a better suggestion, is put some good quality moisturizer (actually udderly smooth udder balm) on his comb and wattles every night. Should that help? Is their skin anything like ours? Will it not even soak in?

And.. my orp roo seemed to have re-frost bittem his maybe? Not sure, I know he froze it last winter, but youc an stil see his points. but I think he may have froze another point, but not all the way, its not all black like they usually get. Anything I can do to help him out? If it looks as nasty as it does right now before the show hell be staying home. Polysporin maybe?

http://www.doublessranch.webs.com

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

You can use a Vitamin E capsule cut open and apply the oil. Be careful when you cut it it will squirt you.I find you get accelerated healing with the vitamin E. My 2nd choice would be bag balm. What has everyone else had good results with?

DoubleSSRanch

DoubleSSRanch
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Thanks Liz, good to know I'm on the right track.

Rico or heather what do you suggest?

http://www.doublessranch.webs.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum