Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Uh Oh... Frozen Comb.. out of Show?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Uh Oh... Frozen Comb.. out of Show? Empty Uh Oh... Frozen Comb.. out of Show? Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:19 pm

DoubleSSRanch

DoubleSSRanch
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Noooooooooooooooooo....

*ahem* My Splash orp roo that I was SO looking forward to bringing to Red Deer has frozen the tips of his comb again Shocked Crying or Very sad Dont know how, all the other birds in there are perfectly fine.. *sigh* I suppose that means Ill have to scratch him from the show?! no super fast healing ideas, polysporin, anything? Silly rooster... Evil or Very Mad

http://www.doublessranch.webs.com

2Uh Oh... Frozen Comb.. out of Show? Empty Re: Uh Oh... Frozen Comb.. out of Show? Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:39 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

I would put on some antibiotic ointment
and move him to a warm show cage indoors until after the show.

You can still show him as I believe they only take off a few points for the frost bit comb
and if he is really nice it might not matter that much in his placing
Maybe Rico can tell you what the deduction would be in the points

3Uh Oh... Frozen Comb.. out of Show? Empty Still show him Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:06 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

I would still show him. There will be a point or two deducted but that's all.

I have a roo right now that is in my home recovering from a pair of frostbitten wattles. They turned black [damn!] I put Polysporin on them but any cream with antibiotics should work. It's been nearly two weeks and they are nearly healed.

So don't throw in the towel and bring your roo to the show Smile

4Uh Oh... Frozen Comb.. out of Show? Empty Re: Uh Oh... Frozen Comb.. out of Show? Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:06 pm

debbiej

Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Sorry to hear of your frozen combs and wattles. When it gets so cold, put vaseline on their combs and wattles, it's supposed to keep them from freezeing and turning black

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum