Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

just my luck.....new cat in vet already

+4
loushrop
Hidden River
chickeesmom
triplejfarms
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1just my luck.....new cat in vet already Empty just my luck.....new cat in vet already Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:11 pm

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

so as most of you know i just dished out some good $$ to aquire a good breeding female bengal cat from ontario just over a week ago....so got her home and she was terrified and decided to hide in beside my furnace and the wall wich is about 6 inces wide.. we almost called the fire dept out to cut a hole in my wall i wasnt sure if she could get out, so i thought i would give her until that evening to get out on her own and if she hadnt got out i guess it was sledge hammer time. Shocked

cat came out, all was good , i covered the gap up with wood so she wouldnt go in there again....i noticed she was limping a bit... thought o.k she prob twisted leg inside there as it was very narrow and she somehow managed to get out and turn around! i will wait a lil while before i take her to the vet...she was in no apparent distress still playing ect, eating...
today i decide to take her in as i see no improvement...

vet says could be dislocated OR by the sounds of the crunching when he moves the hip it could be busted and need orthapedic surgury i am ready to scream!!!!!!
if she needs this surgury for stupid amount of money she prob wont be breedable, and thus i just a bunch of money away..... either way vet said todays visit was gonna be at least 400 bucks...
this whole thing makes me sick i cried the whole way home from the vet clinic...i will know later what the outcome is
please keep fingers crossed it is just dislocated.

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

fingers and toes crossed for you!!

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh wow i am so sorry to hear your news. I hope she is ok and it is just a dislocation. I imagine for the price you paid they took xrays, could they not tell on there weather it was dislocated or broken? I find it amazing how she could do that to herself?
Either way my fingers are crossed for you it is a simple dislocation and that she will be ok.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am sorry to hear about your cat. She is one gorgeous animal. I hope it is a simple dislocation and nothing more. I will cross my eyes, fingers and toes. lol Lou

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well just got news she will need surgury.....

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, that just plain sucks! Shocked

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ugh. What a bummer. No Just how wild is she?

Giddyup

Giddyup

Good grief TripleJ, I'm sorry to hear that! Is it her pelvis? If it's part of the leg how would that affect breeding etc? I can sure hear your frustration. Doesn't help getting an outrageous bill and no solid answer (at that point).

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Aw, I'm so sorry to hear this. Such an odd thing to happen. Cats usually get into all sorts of crazy situations without hurting a hair on their head.
I suppose the surgery is necessary, so you'll have to go through with it. Just think positive that she will come out of it as good as new, and that first batch of beautiful kittens will cover all your expenses.

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum