Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's your favourite white egg layer?

+14
JaerhonChanteclerEuskies
appway
Island Girl
Hillbilly
Blue Hill Farm
gubi
Skeffling Lavender Farm
poplar girl
DoubleSSRanch
Schipperkesue
Dan Smith
silkiebantam
coopslave
blackdove
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26What's your favourite white egg layer? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your favourite white egg layer? Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:58 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies wrote:I will be selling a few pairs.

Saskatchewan is a fair hike from here.

Do you know of any further East? I'd love to try them sometime.

27What's your favourite white egg layer? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your favourite white egg layer? Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:44 pm

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

No there is only one other person I know who has them and they are near Regina.

28What's your favourite white egg layer? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your favourite white egg layer? Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:37 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies wrote:No there is only one other person I know who has them and they are near Regina.

Nooooooo, this is probably the closest I would ever get to a Danske Landhøn.

Maybe I'll have to gamble on shipping eggs some time.

29What's your favourite white egg layer? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your favourite white egg layer? Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:26 pm

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

Ya that would be the only way I could get them out to you.

30What's your favourite white egg layer? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your favourite white egg layer? Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:59 pm

andrewsbrightbirds@yahoo.

I have a few Blue Andalusians that will be laying soon. Maybe later in the year or next spring i hope to hatch some more from them. They are stunning especially the rooster!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/SmallBeginingsFarm?fref=ts

31What's your favourite white egg layer? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your favourite white egg layer? Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:45 pm

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

andrewsbrightbirds@yahoo. wrote:I have a few Blue Andalusians that will be laying soon. Maybe later in the year or next spring i hope to hatch some more from them. They are stunning especially the rooster!

Can you remind me where Langley is?

32What's your favourite white egg layer? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your favourite white egg layer? Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:47 pm

Between aldergrove and surrey. About 1 hour from Vancouver...Not sure if this helps....

33What's your favourite white egg layer? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your favourite white egg layer? Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:51 pm

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Yes, that helps... thank-you!

I travel to Kelowna a couple times a year and could maybe keep going and get some birds/eggs from you. Very Happy

34What's your favourite white egg layer? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your favourite white egg layer? Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:56 pm

Sounds good. I also travel to Kelowna a few times a year. Could possibly meet up in the future...

35What's your favourite white egg layer? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your favourite white egg layer? Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:01 pm

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

andrewsbrightbirds@yahoo. wrote:Sounds good. I also travel to Kelowna a few times a year. Could possibly meet up in the future...

Cool! Cool

36What's your favourite white egg layer? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your favourite white egg layer? Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:02 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Black dove, to answer your question, No i sold my flock of Houdans to an ACE member to make room for other new breeds even though I think that they are beautiful. I read an article about a high end restaurant in France will only serve Mottled Houdans for their chicken dishes because they claim that the Houdan is by far the best tasting chicken that there is.

37What's your favourite white egg layer? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your favourite white egg layer? Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:13 pm

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

blackdove wrote:
appway wrote:Hey blackdove
they are nice looking
do you breed Blue Andalusians??
if so Might have to get some eggs or chicks from you they look great

Joe

No I don't have any yet Joe, sorry. I was doing some research last night on a few of the breeds in this thread that I am not familiar with and thought I would post a pic for everyone. They do look lovely. Maybe Island Girl has some for sale ... or knows someone selling them.

SerJay, where did you get your Andalusian hen from? Very Happy

Hi guys I got my first Blue Andalusians from someone on Salt Spring Islands about 3 yrs ago and my last 2 from someone selling them in South Surrey (Art Knapps) just this spring. They bring them in from McMurrays I believe. If you are interested I could get you a contact name they may still have some for sale.

XOX Monika

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum