Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Must Increase my Prices

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Must Increase my Prices Empty Must Increase my Prices Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:29 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Been watching a series on the west (Ken Burns documentary) and we just saw the episode that covers the California gold rush. They mentioned that the miners were paying 50 cents per egg! Found a converter and...

What cost $.50 in 1849 would cost $13.60 in 2012.

I now want $163.20 per dozen!

2Must Increase my Prices Empty Re: Must Increase my Prices Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:02 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Wouldn't that be grande!!! That's crazy, who knew an egg could be worth so much. I guess it's a lot to someone starving, or someone who really wants an egg.

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

3Must Increase my Prices Empty Re: Must Increase my Prices Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:00 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I suppose it included some aspect of the captive market (like movie theaters overpricing the concessions). Miners living rough, don't get to town much, maybe found some gold and can afford a treat.

Still a lot though.

4Must Increase my Prices Empty Re: Must Increase my Prices Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:13 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Just get some of those trendy rare chickens and you can charge that for hatching eggs!

5Must Increase my Prices Empty Re: Must Increase my Prices Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:11 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Just get some of those trendy rare chickens and you can charge that for hatching eggs!

tee hee... Smile

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum