Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gardens of envy

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gardens of envy Empty Gardens of envy Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:09 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well, that Cynthia has me green with envy of her red tomatoes on her plants so thought I'd show of my beautiful tomato plants this morning...
Gardens of envy IMG_1296-1

Yep isn't it lovely....  Jealousy inducing isn't it  So lovely I left camera in the house and just used my iPhone 

But here is what we made last weekend with the many many green tomatoes we picked 3weeks or so ago.  Half our harvest was frozen even with the plastic covering over our beds so critters got as many as we did Sad  The yucky ones the wasps got and stung us to keep so the plants are still there

Gardens of envy NIK_5604
We did up the sunny boy tomatoes separately and kids can't wait for yellow spaghetti

Gardens of envy NIK_5602_2

And since Cynthia says her lovely chick and red tomato photo was taken sept 25th here's some frosty mint around the chicken run that I took sept 26th 

Gardens of envy NIK_5062-1

Anyone else got garden photos to make us envious (or not LOL )

2Gardens of envy Empty Re: Gardens of envy Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:30 pm

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I like the frosty mint picture.
Now you know why I quite growing anything
in this part of the world.
Do have hopes of big greenhouse though
off the back of the furnace building.

3Gardens of envy Empty Re: Gardens of envy Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:15 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Crap, made a long post and lost it in one keystroke. Gick, pissed off, should know better. Oh well, I will start again, and this will be short and sweet. That sucks!! Frost kill, does so many things in. We had killing frost last night, I know, I feel it. But I harvested all the rest of the garden stuff over the past couple of days. Got a cold coming back from the coast, so was difficult to muster up the energy, but had to get it done. Safe in boxes on our porch and I covered the tenders with blankets last night, cause I could feel the cold coming. Clear skies mean colder nights, and it is freakin' cold, but not below zero, according to the thermometer on the porch, at Zero, whatever!!! I love to see all the product that you, Serjay, have put into jars. That is wonderful and awesome. I will be in the throws of RED tomato processing today. Yesterday, blanched and skinned boxes of tomatoes, today, the next step to ready for the processing, a big job coming. Already got a pot of tomatoes on the stove that I have chosen to add other stuff in, like the onions, garlic and peppers from the garden to make sauce. The other tomatoes will be just canned tomatoes alone, but some were very worthy to make sauce. So like you, Serjay, I too will be working the stove and canner. I have intention of making a garden post one day, to show the cool stuff that I grew, but it is gonna be a big one and will take hours to compile Shocked  Razz  Have a most wonderful day, CynthiaM.

4Gardens of envy Empty Re: Gardens of envy Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:07 pm

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I tried green tomatillos in the garden this year. Threw some seeds in the dirt in early June. I'll have to get a pic of the plants. Couldn't believe how they grew!

Here is my Salsa Verde simmering on the stove Gardens of envy Cannin10

and one of the fruit after I picked it.Gardens of envy Cannin12

http://www.sucellusfarms.ca

5Gardens of envy Empty Re: Gardens of envy Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:17 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh, I have garden envy...oh yeah, big time garden envy. Sad my garden bit big giant purple cow's balls this year. Lol Am I allowed to say that?

AND this is super inspiring for next year, when I will be moved and on my farm, and my pigs are hard at work over there already getting the garden area ready!!!

Maybe next year we can have a "the most drool worthy" and "the most productive" garden contest next year.

Awesome gardens. Smile

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum