Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who has started their Gardens

+5
heda gobbler
mirycreek
islandgal99
jocelyn
appway
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who has started their Gardens Empty Who has started their Gardens Mon May 04, 2015 6:33 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Who has all started their Gardens this year
Days are real nice here but nights and Mornings
still frost.
Cant wait to get it started

2Who has started their Gardens Empty who has started their gardens Mon May 04, 2015 6:51 am

jocelyn

Not yet, we still have snow. Lots of stuff started in the house, but the snow will have to go to expose the ground first ...then it will have to melt. Laughing

Still, it's 'brisk' outside, sunny and no bugs yet. Spent a bit of yesterday setting stone in the walk where the frost had heaved it or some had gone shelly with age. I'll get that finished over the next week or so, then the ground may have thawed enough to get rid of some of the thorns in the rhubarb patch...tayberries went wild. You got anything in the gound yet?

3Who has started their Gardens Empty Re: Who has started their Gardens Mon May 04, 2015 8:19 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

first time gardening in raised beds this year but i planted april 17 and can see lettuce swiss chard snap peas and radish up already!
i also made a cold frame with a window over a box and have radishes up in there
saw my garlic up and picked asparagus once so far Smile
not going to plant the main garden til mid may hope we get rain before then!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

4Who has started their Gardens Empty Re: Who has started their Gardens Mon May 04, 2015 9:12 am

IzzyD

IzzyD

Yes. I have peas in the ground, a bunch have germinated already and are poking out of the soil. Everything else is inside. Been working on a new greenhouse as a storm took ours out last August.

5Who has started their Gardens Empty Re: Who has started their Gardens Mon May 04, 2015 8:28 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I'm on the west coast, so if you're in the areas snowing today you may not want to read further....

Growing we have broad beans, peas, rabb, bok choy, broccoli, cabbage, cauiliflower, lettuces, beets, carrots, asian greens, radish...taters going in tomorrow...

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

6Who has started their Gardens Empty Re: Who has started their Gardens Mon May 04, 2015 8:43 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

sounds lovely! are beets cold hardy at all?

7Who has started their Gardens Empty Re: Who has started their Gardens Mon May 04, 2015 8:50 pm

Farmer Bob

Farmer Bob
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

For sure beets are cold hardy! I planted brussel sprouts last fall as an experiment. I don't see any poking up yet. That's ok...because I planted some in the house as back up! Smile

8Who has started their Gardens Empty Re: Who has started their Gardens Mon May 04, 2015 10:49 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I just got around to tilling my garden the garden on Saturday.

Digging through my seeds, looking at what I have and what should have or needs to be started.
Planting the May long weekend and hoping to have a decent harvest.

I cheated and got my Tomatoes from a local greenhouse. Smile

9Who has started their Gardens Empty Re: Who has started their Gardens Tue May 05, 2015 7:15 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Farmer Bob wrote:For sure beets are cold hardy!   I planted brussel sprouts last fall as an experiment.  I don't see any poking up yet.  That's ok...because I planted some in the house as back up!  Smile
great! thanks i didnt know that! for 20 years ive been a "put it all in on may long weekend kinda girl" now im changing that up Smile

10Who has started their Gardens Empty Re: Who has started their Gardens Thu May 07, 2015 8:49 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am starting mine this weekend

http://www.popscoops.com

11Who has started their Gardens Empty Re: Who has started their Gardens Thu May 07, 2015 8:55 pm

Farmer Bob

Farmer Bob
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I planted 25 pepper plants in the greenhouse on the weekend. Still freezing at night so I'm having to heat it.

12Who has started their Gardens Empty Re: Who has started their Gardens Thu May 07, 2015 9:18 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Still freezing at night here too - but so close... I have plants on the window sill, just waiting. Rhubarb is up but weeks away from cutting....grass is green but not growing... yet.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

13Who has started their Gardens Empty Re: Who has started their Gardens Sun May 24, 2015 9:19 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

I spent the last 4 days planting my gardens I now have raised beds spent last week making them and filling them and am so pleased with what they look like, I think this is going to be a great year for my garden.

http://www.popscoops.com

14Who has started their Gardens Empty Re: Who has started their Gardens Mon May 25, 2015 5:24 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I have been so busy with studies and such that I have yet to plant the garden.
Got a few trays of seeds waiting to sprout, so far a few have popped up.

If my sleep schedule wasn't backwards right now I might find the time.
Been falling asleep around 6-7am and waking up around 1 or two and working on homework.

Will be done this year at the end of June, I have midterms this week.

But hoping to get things planted here soon.

15Who has started their Gardens Empty Re: Who has started their Gardens Mon May 25, 2015 8:51 am

IzzyD

IzzyD

Good Luck on your mid term exams Jonny.
I transplanted my tomatoes out yesterday. Have some corn up about 4" and still the majority of corn to plant. Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and cabbage already transplanted. Potatoes, carrots, spinach planted. Some beans started but still the majority to plant as well. Have some peas that are 6" tall one one field and another field to plant. All my squash, cucumbers and melons are still in the greenhouse as well as my peppers. This year is shaping up to be a good one, excited for sure.

16Who has started their Gardens Empty Re: Who has started their Gardens Mon May 25, 2015 9:47 pm

Farmer Bob

Farmer Bob
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

"Field" ? That sounds like a lot of Peas Izzy... Market garden?

17Who has started their Gardens Empty Re: Who has started their Gardens Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:11 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I think its time to weed the garden...

LOL The recent rainfall has made everything completely explode!

Somewhere there are veggies in there.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum