Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So guess who the dumb as- is that is sitting in the hospital

+8
Schipperkesue
uno
karona
loushrop
Ruffledfeathers
Fowler
coopslave
Prairie Chick
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yep that's right it is me Embarassed .  We have a bar style kitchen table and chairs and when I sit there on my laptop my legs will go numb because they hang there. Well this morning I was eating my porridge and watching a free motion quilting video, hopped off the chair to put my bowl in the sink and I went flying into the wall. I tried to catch myself and went down again. Tried to walk on my left foot but couldn't.  So went and changed out of my farmer clothes and put on my town clothes, hobbled to the fuel tank cause of course my car had no fuel. Filled up the car and drove to the next town to the hospital. They X-rayed it and its broken. I have been here since 1 and have to wait until 5 for the doctor to come and put a cast on it. It's been one of those days! affraid

Last edited by Prairie Chick on Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Geez, PrairieC that is not good! That is even more klutzy than I have been these last couple of years.
Sorry you had to stay there so long, it is a real drag. I have never had a cast, but I hear they are not a lot of fun. Take care of yourself!!

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow! The internet really is bad for you.

Hope you feel better.

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I sure wouldn't blame quilting, that's for sure. I take things in stride because most of my life crazy things happen.
I am still in the hospital waiting right now, they have better Internet than I do ...haha

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

OH PC you are in such good spirits for being in the ER for so long. You must have a way better phone than I do to be able to post while you sit there.

Last edited by Ruffledfeathers on Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammmmmer or something)

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I'm just glad you are ok. We'll have to call you hop along. Please be careful and enjoy the Internet. Lou

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hope you get out of there soon and feel better.
At least you have something fun (WCPS)to do while you
wait.

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I made it home and I am beat and my foot hurts. The doc said he sees a fracture but he just put a half cast on for support until the X-ray report comes in. So,in a week they may have to put a full case on. I can't walk on it for 4-6 weeks

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was just thinking you have to be one tough chick to
- pick yourself off the floor/wall
- get dressed in people clothes not farm clothes
- gas your car up
- then wait for a exray and doc

sending you happy healing wishes

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Aww thx Ruffledfeathers but it is also my curse, I don't get much help because I do everything myself. Maybe time for that to change!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh no! You know what this means, don't you? From now on every time you think about quilting, you'll have pain in your ankle!

This is sad news! I hope you recover soon and well. Is it the foot you use for sewing? You'll have to get Sue's Elna that uses the knee to run instead of the foot.

Take care.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have to say you have the best story about your broken foot.

"So how did you break your foot?"
"Quilting..."

LOL

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Same numb ankle break happened to my bro. When it heals make sure you get physio. It too a year for David to make it right again.

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

yikes!  I am sorry to hear that.......  heal fast!

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well PC you sure are one tought chick!
I agree that you should tell people it was a freak quilting accident. Since I know zippo about quilting, I'm the sort that would get hooked on that story.

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ouch! Tough chick is right. I once thought I broke a pinkie toe (only fractured) and the pain was incredible. Try and take it easy as much as you can for as long as you can. Wishing you a smooth, speedy recovery!

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh geeze, that is just crappy. Hope you are feeling better now that the cast is surely on. Still try to find something in this day to make you smile and have a good one, CynthiaM.

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Same numb ankle break happened to my bro.  When it heals make sure you get physio.  It too a year for David to make it right again.
Sue I am glad to hear I am not the only one that has done this, the doc and nurse were looking at me like I was full of it.  

I do think I am going to get a bone density test done as well.  I was told 10 yrs ago when I went through cancer treatments that I would most likely end up with osteoporosis.

And no pain killers were even given to me, I haven't taken anything. I do have hydromorph on hand if I really need it but that will knock me out...lol

Just my luck, it's raining. Should be a blast doing chores..LOL

Thanks again for the well wishes, I am sure I will survive Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum