Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hospital visit, yep me, not too bad, but cut finger

+2
DCChick
CynthiaM
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ya, silly woman. Cut my finger really, really bad, my baby finger on my left hand. I will tell a short tale, some might cringe, I still do thinking about it. The baby finger....hmmm...seems it plays a very small part in life. I can type, but it hurts so much to push the "a" button or the capital button for the left baby finger. Very painful. But OK. I have found ways to get around that, smiling that big smile. Yep, so cooked a most delicious roast beef dinner. Almost all done. Husband took my usual kitchen cutting knife to carve the roast. It was not clean, so used my old chef's knife, whicvh I rarely use )pardon spelling mistakes, that is my left hand doing that and I am not going to correct) . It is too long for my liking, hence I use the nicer knife, which is better for my small hands. Anyways, cutting jicima (I love to put that in our Ceasar salad, making such a nice crunchiness to it). probably not paying attention and the knife slipped off the jicima and cut my baby finger, very badly, I knew that cause I saw it open. Sheesh, makes me shudder thinking about it. Wrapped it really fast in a tea towel, probably not the cleanest, but then after a moment put a nice clean face cloth on it. We need to go to the hospital. Husband reacts very quickly with this kind of stuff, normally he is very calm, the most calm person I know, byut in certain circumstance, he reacts. Poor Daughter did not know what to do, so she just sat, and waited and wondered. Her Husband was off sledding, that is why she was for dinner. Told her to eat anyways, we won't be, we gotta go. Hubby got purse, my coat and stuffed me in it, smiling....ya, so Daughter cleaned up the uneaten food, she had a bit of salad she said with no dressing, a couple of pieces of meat , she wrote a note for us to tel us, it was just not the same when we were there, so was not hungry after all, ((after saying she was so starving( . So, yes, bad cut, four stitches , and that is alot for a teeny, tiny finger like I have, smiling that big smile. Yea, so here I am. Actuallty doesn't hurt that much unless I touch it, so won't touch it, smiling again. Yes, this mornign I will remove bandage, soak in colloidal silver water and redress, using my therapeutic honey, which is still around (from 7 years ago when I had bees back on the coast, unpastuerized, with propolis suspended in it for good measure( . Yep, I am the best dresser of the wound, will heal very quicjkly with my two products I use. I am ok, just a little out of sorts with not being able to type properly and that bugs me the most, laughin'...have a most wonderful day, cynthiam.

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Ouch. Poor baby finger. Luckily I have never cut myself like that. broken bones yes, but bad stitch able cuts not. They seem worse to me because you can SEE them. My best advice? Take this as a chance to be pampered for all its worth Very Happy don't lift a finger ( no pun intended really, but it is kind of punny Laughing )

Derbyshire

Derbyshire

Ouch!! pale Sounds like you almost cut it off. I hope it gets better soon!

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hope all is well with your finger, your going to need it soon to pull weeds from your garden. cheers

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

IzzyD

IzzyD

Oh no! I hope your finger heals fast Cynthia!

Fluffy

Fluffy

hope you get better soon, that's gotta hurt when bumping and typing.. I am the fastest one hand two finga typa in da world.. lol Just teasin but yup one hand two fingers tell everything I say lol.

get better soon!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum