Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Big change ahead...

+2
smokyriver
Susan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Big change ahead... Empty Big change ahead... Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:02 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well I got into the BSN nursing program. At first I was ecstatic. Now I am just scared. It's going to mean some big changes around here. I am going to have to downsize my birds (how on earth can I do that- I love each one?). I am not going to be as available for my kids. (I've been home with them since they were born). And how am I going to take care of the acreage? Both physically and financially?? Ugh. 8 weeks until I start. I want this. I really do. But how will I manage it all??

2Big change ahead... Empty Re: Big change ahead... Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:17 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

As my dad always says, Where there's a will there's a way!! There will be big adjustments for everyone, but they are adjustments that can be made!! Congrats in getting in, good luck with your studies, and do t worry about the changes that will happen! They seem drastic right now, but won't be too bad!

As for the average, it won't hurt anyone if your grass doesn't get mowed as soon as it should, or if your gardens are not quite weed free! Don't worry about the small things that are easily adjusted later!! Your education, your children, and your animals all come first the rest are really not as important!!

I had to learn these things the hard way, hubby was away working and with children, and animals, home schooling, running a business, and a large yard, I learned to prioritize!! My house is not as clean as it could be, my yard is definitely not as nice as it could be, but the important things are done and I can spend time with my children and animals!!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

3Big change ahead... Empty Re: Big change ahead... Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:24 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I agree with smokyriver,

You are aware with this new chapter, that your life will need some adjustments, but you will find a way to adapt. You can have your cake and eat it too! It may take some time, cutting some funding, revamping your entire budget and routine, but with will, determination, you will find balance.

I congratulate you on your program acceptance, an investment of one's time in the area of education is never a bad investment.

4Big change ahead... Empty Re: Big change ahead... Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:52 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow, congrats Susan. That's great! cheers I can see it being super exciting and scary all at the same time. You'll be fine. Really. And in six months you'll look back, laugh and wonder why you were ever worried in the first place. Go get 'em! Smile

5Big change ahead... Empty Re: Big change ahead... Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:59 am

All new ventures are scary ! we want then when it happens we are surprised and that is what you are feeling right now .I think if you go into it with the same zest that you did with the courses you will find those hidden strengths and realize that is what and why you choose this field ?...........been there / done that , so ............eyes wide open and forward

6Big change ahead... Empty Re: Big change ahead... Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:57 am

Congratulations Susan! I don't even know you but I'm very proud of you!!

My advice is to write down the reasons you embarked on this journey. It's going to be a tough road some days, but you'll get down it and through the program and life will be better for it! Write down your reasons now and keep that note in a safe place. Look at it now and then so you can renew your energy for this fabulous journey you've started. And as everyone says, as you adjust to your 'new reality', you'll find your level, and it won't seem so tough.

All the best to you!

7Big change ahead... Empty Re: Big change ahead... Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:08 am

ipf

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Going back to school after a while out was the smartest thing I ever did. Terrifying, but absolutely worth it. Hope it goes well for you, too.

8Big change ahead... Empty Re: Big change ahead... Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:01 pm

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

CONGRATULATIONS!
how old are your kids?..perhaps now is the time they take more responsibility for the birds...and realistically the actual time spent is probably the same no matter how many birds you have...
The time will go by faster than you think and you will come out the other side with a very well paying job in high demand. what more could one ask for?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum