Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hungry For Change (documentary)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hungry For Change (documentary) Empty Hungry For Change (documentary) Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:15 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Just watched this on Netflix. Great documentary!

In a way, I hate seeing these things because, although we eat much better than we used to, we still have a ways to go.

2Hungry For Change (documentary) Empty Re: Hungry For Change (documentary) Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:06 pm

I watched that a few weeks ago too. Another "good" (kind of eye-opening and sad) film on Netflix that some of you might want to watch is "Farmaggedon" (not sure if spelled right).

3Hungry For Change (documentary) Empty Re: Hungry For Change (documentary) Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:13 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I plan on watching that one too.

4Hungry For Change (documentary) Empty Re: Hungry For Change (documentary) Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:30 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Fowler wrote:Just watched this on Netflix. Great documentary!

In a way, I hate seeing these things because, although we eat much better than we used to, we still have a ways to go.

This documentary reminds of on I just watched. It has Joe Cross in it too. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

5Hungry For Change (documentary) Empty Re: Hungry For Change (documentary) Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:48 am

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Watch it from this link if you don't have Netflix.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

6Hungry For Change (documentary) Empty Re: Hungry For Change (documentary) Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:30 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

So just an update.

That documentary talked about juicing. That's all well and good but we think the fiber is important too and wify had been making herself smoothies for a little while. Having watched this I had her use the bigger pitcher and I've been having them too. One for breakfast for the past 2 weeks. I've even made some myself. No real recipe just what is coming due on that day. Some greens, banana, a carrot or celery, some frozen berries, hemp hearts and chia seeds maybe a kiwi, avacado or pear that is going soft. Not real sweet but they're not bad either.

Except for the mustard greens. They mentioned mustard greens on the show, I'm sure of it. We knew mustard came from seed but I didn't think the greens would taste so strongly of it. Holy Crap! I had half a glass and my stomach was warm for the rest of the morning. Wify couldn't even do that much. Had to dump it and make another. Guess that's why 'Spicy mustard' has never really taken off as a shake flavour. Checked online and sure enough, the mustard is about the only green they say most people can't use. Live and learn.

Do I feel any different? I don't know... it's not like when you head South in the winter. You step of the plane in Florida and suddenly feel like Superman. It's more like I feel... steady. Maybe it's an absence of sugar highs and crashes. I don't know, but I do think I feel better overall.

One weird thing. I would swear my fingernails are growing faster.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum