Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Meat dust- it was all Coopslave's idea!

+5
bcboy
coopslave
Susan
uno
Schipperkesue
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Meat dust- it was all Coopslave's idea! Empty Meat dust- it was all Coopslave's idea! Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:44 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I can't take credit for this brilliant idea myself, but rather Coopslave gave me the idea in one of her posts. I was buying a couple steaks from the local butcher and asked if they had any of that dust that builds up in the band saw. The lady looked at me oddly, went to the back and came back with a whole bag of powdered fat, meat and bone from inside the meat saw. The chickens are gonna love this!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Meat dust. You heard it here first, folks.

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Pretty cool idea!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Breakfast of champions!

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Called bandsaw dust in Australia, your chooks are gonna love it! The butcher will start to save it for you if you go in regularly. I used to freeze it in little packets and feed a bit every week. Soooo good for them!

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Meat dust = yummy Razz

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

TB, I got it at Parkland Packers in Stony.

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

oh yes chickens love those scraps and scraping right from the meat saw, but it is only a once a year event at our place.
We do save fat scraps from butchering for them however.

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

Critter Haven Farm

Critter Haven Farm

Here it is called "sawdust" and I just discovered it this year.... never thought to feed it to the chickens... I cook it up and feed it to my dogs! The reason I cook it is that I don't know what kind of meat is in it and if there is pork, I feel better having it cooked.... dogs love it! Do you feed it raw to the chickens? I pay $2.00 for a small box ... they freeze it and sell it.

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

A favorite of dog mushers. I used to get it for the dogs all the time. The only problem with it is that it is important that it is frozen right away or used quickly. With all the extra surface area it tends to sour quickly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum