Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ova Easy early hatch, what do I do?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ova Easy early hatch, what do I do? Empty Ova Easy early hatch, what do I do? Fri May 13, 2011 12:13 pm

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

I am hatching some chicks in my friend's Ova Easy 190. The chicks started to hatch on Day 19! The temps have been 99.5 consistent but they started early. So now what do I do? Do I leave them in for 48 or 72 hours? They started hatching Wed 9pm, should I wait until Sat 9pm to open the cabinet and remove the chicks? They are hatching on two shelves and both trays have covers twist tied to them so none would fall out.

I am worried about dehydration in the first chicks that hatched. This is a whole new experience for me and I don't want to cook any of the already hatched chicks but I also don't want to shrink wrap the not yet hatched ones.

2Ova Easy early hatch, what do I do? Empty Re: Ova Easy early hatch, what do I do? Sat May 14, 2011 8:08 am

Myself , I would remove them as they dry , they can go for three days I believe before they will need water / feed .Your temp gauge must be reading wrong ? , a to high temp will normally cause a early hatch ?

3Ova Easy early hatch, what do I do? Empty Re: Ova Easy early hatch, what do I do? Sat May 14, 2011 8:49 am

maddyfofatty

maddyfofatty

Hey Jen, I agree with prairie...take them out as they dry but mist the bator with water everytime you open it to keep humidity up...should be fine!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum