Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's just to early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+5
cbrookkelly
Hidden River
karona
Fowler
Perryschofield
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1It's just to early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty It's just to early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:24 am

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I am as reasonable as the next guy. I know things just happen, but come on, this is to much. I know how weather can be in northern Alberta, but this is to much. I woke up this morning to about 18 - 20 inches of snow in my door yard (that about 50 cm to you younger people), and minus 28 degrees Celsius. It's going to be a lo............ng winter.

Desperately sad this morning

Perry

http://www.pandlgamebirds.ca

2It's just to early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: It's just to early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:27 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Warm here today with that hurricane going through. not bad here but we had a HUGE thunderstorm during the night. Sky lit up like daylight and the crashing went on for about an hour.

3It's just to early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: It's just to early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:28 am

karona

karona
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

We also have at least one foot plus
and it was -17 yesterday am.
I worry about the animals when it
drops quick like that.
Broke out the snowblower yesterday
and made a path to the barn around
my explorer and a spot for quest
and out to the wood shed (where snowblower
is kept.) But this early snow and
cold has me down also.
Especialy when hubby away in camp and
son moved out so it is just me.
Will have to hire someone to plow but
until son comes out to move his dun buggy
from the front yard I cann't.

4It's just to early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: It's just to early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:40 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow that is a lot of snow and cold! We got down to -10 one morning and I was terribly sad, can't imagine what you are going through up there.
After our little cold snap I moved birds around, set up heated dishes for the other pens and so I think I am pretty good. Still a few coops to reclean before winter sets in but once you are set up it isnt as bad.
We had rain here last night, then froze, so everything is slick and doors are frozen shut but still better than a foot or more of snow.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

5It's just to early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: It's just to early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:42 am

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

We are +5 and pouring rain....I know it is only a matter of days and it will be non stop snow.....I am ready but still not liking it at all.

6It's just to early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: It's just to early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:40 am

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

It's been snowing since thursday and yesterday woke up to -21 and a van with sliding doors that were frozen solid. All 3 snow covered kids (5 steps to the van but they had to scatter and roll and play first grrrr) had to go up and over my driver seat in order to get into the van. Hubby hasn't gotten the snowblower on the tractor yet in fact the tractor is just a white lump out in front of the barn so it's just a throw it in reverse and hope to not get stuck Very Happy It's supposed to warm up to -8 tonight so hopefully trick or treating won't be too chilly Twisted Evil We're supposed to get +8 and rain, rain, rain this weekend so it's going to be a mess affraid

7It's just to early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: It's just to early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:19 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

We were a little warmer this morning at -24. I get to butcher turkeys and chickens this week so am hoping it gets much warmer!!!!!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

8It's just to early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: It's just to early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:32 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Vvvvvrrrrr! I washed my car yesterday but remembered to dry the door seals so everything opened nicely today. I only have 3 dogs without water heaters so all in all we are doing all right so far. This weekend it is supposed to go up to plus 8! woo hoo!

9It's just to early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: It's just to early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:33 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

We are sitting at -2 and freezing rain!! affraid

I had to go to town today and I don't think I took a breathe the 1st 1/2 of the trip. Its an absolute skating rink on our roads.

We might have to cancel trick r treating tonight unless I can talk the hubby into driving us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum