Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

lets try an egg swap

+6
islandgal99
Prairie Chick
Schipperkesue
BriarwoodPoultry
calliope
coopslave
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1lets try an egg swap Empty lets try an egg swap Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:39 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was thinking of starting a thread for egg swapping in the spring. Anyone feel free to join in. My thoughts are; tell what you have on offer and tell what you want to swap for. Lets see if we can match some people up in the spring.

I would swap Wheaten Am or Winter Hardy, Dark egg layers (need to come up with an name for them and they will all be blue) eggs for another Am variety (pures please) or any variety of Marans. I may consider swapping for some nice Orps. good Australorps or Cochins as well.

I could also do some PChant eggs, but they are very much a work in progress at the moment. I suppose the dark layers are too. Rolling Eyes

You get the idea. Tell what you have and what you would swap for or are looking for.

2lets try an egg swap Empty Re: lets try an egg swap Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:46 pm

calliope

calliope

coopslave wrote:Dark egg layers (need to come up with an name for them and they will all be blue)
Oh, you mean that new breed, the Beaverdell Blues? Maybe a contest is in order to find a name for them, winner gets a couple of pullets or some hatching eggs Smile

And I think the swap would be a good idea. I'm sure I will have lots of things on my want list by spring!

3lets try an egg swap Empty Re: lets try an egg swap Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:28 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hmm..... I would be happy to swap black copper, wheaten marans, BLRW, sussex or orpingtons for another type of pure ameraucana, show quality blue/black/splash orpingtons, show quality wyandottes (any variety). May be open to other trades as well (pure birds pls - I make enough of my own mixes!).

Neat idea Very Happy

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

4lets try an egg swap Empty Re: lets try an egg swap Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hmmm, I have nice black Ameraucanas and am interested in good quality, heavy bodied large fowl Cornish in any color.

5lets try an egg swap Empty Re: lets try an egg swap Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:19 pm

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have true pure blue Ameraucana`s (bought flock from Hidden) and I am looking for pure BLRW`s and maybe a few blue Orps.

Also have Super Dewlap African's

Last edited by Prairie Chick on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add the ameraucana's are true)

6lets try an egg swap Empty Re: lets try an egg swap Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:33 am

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

What a fun idea.

I will have Welsummers, Australorps, cuckoo marans, blue copper marans, blr Wyandotte, true blue americauna, wheaten marans and possibly later in the year Barnevelder and Blue Barnevelder project eggs (will be very pretty layers and should be good meaties). I would like another line of barnevelder, wheaten marans, americaunas and a heavy line of red copper marans. And maybe some green egg layers if I don't have any by then.

In the spring, summer and fall I drive to Alberta approximately once per month to take hubby to camp, so we may be able to skip the shipping.

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

7lets try an egg swap Empty Re: lets try an egg swap Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:22 am

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have blue & black copper marans, blue ameracaunas, and LF dark cornish (hatchery quality) and F1& F2 olive eggers

would be interested in BCM, or dark LF cornish, ameracaunas (true Ams) or frizzle bantie cochins

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

8lets try an egg swap Empty Egg Swap Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:07 pm

cuckoomama

cuckoomama
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I would like to join. I have Welsh Harlequins, Khaki Campbells, Blue Copper Marans and I am going to try a mix of my Blue Copper Rooster and my 3 beautiful Cuckoo Maran girls. I am looking for Pilgrim goose eggs, some light Sussex and some Ameracaunas maybe some Jersey Giants. I lost a beautiful laveder Orpington when the bear broke in, I would love to replace her and possibly get a few others (if I could get 1/2 dozen eggs). We are also try turkeys next year in order to get farm status.

9lets try an egg swap Empty Re: lets try an egg swap Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:36 pm

Swamp Hen

Swamp Hen

Hehe, I dont have anything I'm really comfortable with offering (just quality issues, have silver laced wyandottes) However, Id like to get my paws on a few Blue Ameracaunas and a nice quality Silver laced Wyandotte strain. Willing to swap cash for eggs! Smile

10lets try an egg swap Empty Re: lets try an egg swap Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:41 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I would be interested in a swap, but probably just with breeds I have or will have.
- Gold Laced and Blue Laced Red Wyandottes
- Black Cochins
- Dark and White Laced Red Cornish
- Delawares
- Primitive Broad Breasted Bronze Turkeys

11lets try an egg swap Empty Re: lets try an egg swap Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:56 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Rosewood, if your Cornish are those heavy bodied, short legged beasts, I would consider a trade for Cochin eggs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum