Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

An 8x8 Barn build for a Customer

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1An 8x8 Barn build for a Customer Empty An 8x8 Barn build for a Customer Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:23 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey Everyone,

I have been busy busy building and such. I have a few projects on the go, one just wrapped up and that was the "Mini Barn" I built for a customer. It went very well.
With all the wet weather we have had lately on and off, it made it challenging to build a deck and a fence and a mini barn...lol but one of them is done and the other is near completion. Soon I can start on fencing!

Here are some pics of the mini barn.. I never did take a completed shot, might have to stop by and see how it went.

I had the pleasure of meeting a very nice Family from the Ponoka area, at the last sale held in Wetaskiwin. They stopped by my booth and had a great deal of interested in my work and heard lots of positive feedback from other vendors, thank you to those whom complimented my work and suggested this family come see me. Well they bought an Alpine chicken tractor off of me for their newly acquired bunnies and I delivered it to them in a matter of days, did a big run down south delivering the tractors.
I was asked if I would be interested in building them a custom coop, after a wonderful email convo we finally decided on a design that works best for them.

This family is new to chickens, but they now have a nice home for their future flock...

Jonny Anvil's 8x8 Gambrel Barn Coop
aka "The Nordegg"

An 8x8 Barn build for a Customer IMG_1893

An 8x8 Barn build for a Customer IMG_1895

An 8x8 Barn build for a Customer IMG_1901

Insulated and sealed the roof.
An 8x8 Barn build for a Customer IMG_1904

Ready for delivery
An 8x8 Barn build for a Customer IMG_0765-1

Delivered....

An 8x8 Barn build for a Customer 425116_10151128776091885_1759596933_n

Nest boxes that Felix helped me construct... Thanks Felix... they were awesome I like the removable roost for easy cleaning!
An 8x8 Barn build for a Customer IMG_1912

The coop is 98% finished I will be going back in a week or two, give the coop time to settle into place, a chance to inspect my work and make any repairs or adjustments in regards to the doors. Make sure there are no leaks from the window and so on.

2An 8x8 Barn build for a Customer Empty Re: An 8x8 Barn build for a Customer Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:55 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Nice, Jonny! I think I am your biggest building fan! What is the largest building you could build on that little trailer and deliver?

BTW, I am really enjoying my little tractors! I need the rain to stop so I can paint them now.

3An 8x8 Barn build for a Customer Empty Re: An 8x8 Barn build for a Customer Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:28 pm

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Nice work!

4An 8x8 Barn build for a Customer Empty Re: An 8x8 Barn build for a Customer Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:11 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ohmiyorka Jonny!! Looky at what you have done. Wow, you are blessed to have this skill of building so beautiful, seriously. I love how you have built this thing and keep on keepin' on, you got it going good!! Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

5An 8x8 Barn build for a Customer Empty Re: An 8x8 Barn build for a Customer Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:58 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Thanks,

I can't wait to post some completion pics, will post them in a week or so when I go back to inspect.

Sue, I can always build on site but a 8x8 is the most I will haul with this particular trailer, I am looking at renting a tilt deck later on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum