Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hatching 4 days early!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hatching 4 days early! Empty Hatching 4 days early! Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:19 pm

HiddenAcresBC

HiddenAcresBC

I am not too concerned as only 2 duck eggs have pipped out of 22 ducks and 52 chicks. The chicks up until today were in an old incubator that kept reading between 98 and 103! COuldnt stay stable for some reason. ANyways I expect that the chicks may hatch a little early since it was 103 for the last week - and they were all still alive as of last night. The ones I could see through anyways. SO I moved them in with my duck eggs that are due 1 day sooner and are in a much more stable incubator. Well today should be lockdown day but as I was misting the ducks I heard chirping so quickly stopped tunring all eggs, misted all and closed the lid. That was this morning. Now I have 2 pipped duck eggs. How the heck are they that early??? And will they be ok? Now Im worried that I will be opening the lid tomorrow to take out hatched ducks when the rest of the eggs will be in the middle of what should be lockdown time! I guess I will just have to be quick and mist again when Im done. Any other suggestions? I would have put them all in cartons to stop hatchers from playing soccer with unhathed eggs...but no way Im fitting that many eggs into cartons in that hovabator! I doont know how I managed to wedge so many in as it is loosely! Alrite well wsh me luck!

Jaclyn

2Hatching 4 days early! Empty Re: Hatching 4 days early! Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:47 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Wow wishing you lots of luck! I hope you have a great hatch. I think having it super full would help keep them from playing drunken soccer wouldn't it??? Let us know how it goes Smile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum