Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Things that make me go Hhmmmmm.....

+2
jon.w
Cathyjk
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Things that make me go Hhmmmmm..... Empty Things that make me go Hhmmmmm..... Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:02 pm

k.r.l wrote:I would love you learn how to get more chicks out of less eggs...

Has anyone ever incubated double-yolkers? And have any ever hatched?

2Things that make me go Hhmmmmm..... Empty Re: Things that make me go Hhmmmmm..... Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:49 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

i have had a few double yolkers be fertile but nothing past day 10 or 11 if i recall

3Things that make me go Hhmmmmm..... Empty Re: Things that make me go Hhmmmmm..... Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:25 am

jon.w

jon.w
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

here is a link Very Happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4Things that make me go Hhmmmmm..... Empty Re: Things that make me go Hhmmmmm..... Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:06 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

5Things that make me go Hhmmmmm..... Empty Re: Things that make me go Hhmmmmm..... Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:13 am

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

jon.w wrote:here is a link Very Happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That is soooo cool!

6Things that make me go Hhmmmmm..... Empty Re: Things that make me go Hhmmmmm..... Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:38 am

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I do know of someone who has hatched a chick from a double yoker, but the one embryo was fertile and one wasn't.
If both are fertilized there is not enough room for both chicks to grow to full term.

7Things that make me go Hhmmmmm..... Empty Re: Things that make me go Hhmmmmm..... Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:39 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I hatched a double yolker chinese goose egg once. I had to help them hatch because there was not enough room in there for them to zip. One gosling never did stand up, died about day 2, the other one made it to a week then died for no reason. So I have never tried to do it again.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum