Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Asked to judge at Mecca

+18
heda gobbler
Blue Hill Farm
Mel
cornel
CynthiaM
poplar girl
KatuskiFarms
Dan Smith
uno
pops coops
Hidden River
KathyS
dooversue
nuthatch333
toybarons
Schipperkesue
coopslave
viczoe
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Asked to judge at Mecca Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:58 pm

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well I am over the Moon at the moment and will be all year! As many of you know the breed I specialize in is Old English Game Bantams. I have been building my flock for about 20 years now and specialize in a few different colors. Old English Game bantams are the most exhibited breed in North America and they have the largest breed club in North America and for the most part will have the largest classes at most shows. Many of the breeders are in the southern states and they are serious breeder exhibitors and most of the birds that i have descent from many of the top breeders there and across the states.This is very much a man's breed for some reason and I am one of a handful of women breeding and exhibiting the breed in north america but I have strived from the beginning to breed the best typed birds I could. It wasn't easy in the beginning because of the difficulties of getting quality stock and most breeders didn't even know where Alberta, Canada was much less Stony Plain Alberta, but I persisted and every year I made advances for the most part.

In Morgansville South Carolina they hold a show every year in Nov. strictly for OE Game bantams and the entry is always 1200 plus and as high as 2000. This is the largest single breed show in North America and it has been going for at least 50 years and they generally only hire breeder judges, so it is quite an elite group of people, I have always aspired to judge there someday, but being the south I really didn't know if it would ever happen for a girl from Alberta.

Well on Saturday my dream came true and I was picked to judge there this year and the icing on the cake is I will be judging along with one of the people I respect the most in the breed. What an Honour and I am humbled by the whole thing, I will be the first woman to judge in the history of the show.
So all you girls out there dare to dream!!! As a breeder, exhibitor,judge it does not get better than this. I just had to share my little bit of news. Yahooo from humble happy girl

Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

2Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:02 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congratulations!!!! It sounds very exciting!

3Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:18 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

You go girl! As a woman, Albertan and admirer, I am so proud!

Now we expect a full report when you get back, you know!

Best wishes, Sue!

4Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:20 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

CONGRADULATIONS cheers

Very cool indeed!

5Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:28 pm

nuthatch333

nuthatch333
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Heather that is such wonderful news, no, that doesn't give it justice, that is stupendous news, off the charts. Well done, live the dream.
Congratts

6Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:26 pm

dooversue

Wow, Heather - that is truly great news, congratulations! I'm sure you'll have no problems doing Alberta & women proud! You go girl!

7Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:34 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congratts
What awesome news, Heather!! I am so happy for you. The exhibitors will be thrilled to have you judging. It is such a bonus when the judge personally raises the breed and knows every detail about them. I know you'll do an amazing job.
cheers

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

8Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:35 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congratts
That is great news Heather, you are well deserving.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

9Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:37 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am very happy for you I know were you are and I am very exited for you, it will last a life time and never leave, you deserve everything you get, cheers

http://www.popscoops.com

10Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Congratulations Heather. What a feeling it must be to have your life's work recognized in this way. Talk about striking one off your bucket list! I'm very proud of you! xo

It also shows that the show committee knows their stuff. They must be just as pleased to have "landed" you to Judge as you are to be going.

11Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:40 pm

That is really cool! Congratts Canada Flag

12Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:50 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hats off to you, this is the that moment when you say, yes, yes, I did it! Congratulations, you have earned this!

13Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:02 am

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Congratulations Heather. You are well deserving and most worthy. cheers

14Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:06 am

KatuskiFarms

KatuskiFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Wow! What on honor, it most definatly is well-deserved. I am very impressed with the knowledge and success and dedication to poultry that many members on here exhibit. I am so lucky to be here with all of you!

15Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:27 am

poplar girl

poplar girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Oh Heather! I am so happy for you! Proof that hard work, dedication, passion and perseverance pay off! And recognition that you are one of the best at what you do. So well deserved!!!

And from knowing you a little and having seen you provide advice and assistance to many people new to poultry and breeding I would like to recognize that amazing aspect of your personality as well. One of the best yet willing to spend time patiently helping people just trying to get started.

I am so happy you shared your news. As someone said, one to check off the bucket list for sure!

16Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:18 am

Congratulations, lovely!

17Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:25 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh, oh, oh, what a feather in your bonnet girl!! Ever had that feeling when you get a shiver, a good shiver, a shiver that begins from the ankles right up and that shiver moves right up to the top of your head. I do, it is such a weird sensation, but when I am overwhelmed with a feeling of happiness and pride, such as I am feeling how you must be feeling right now, this overcomes me. I know it is a good thing, because I believe emotions can pass through from one person to another, through thought, and I have accepted these feelings from you. You have been blessed, Heather. Your years and years of dedication to your work, the hard work, helping others this has brought karma back to you, strong and hard.

What an honour, to be recognized in such a way. It is hard to imagine, because having never been in such a highly-esteemed position, such as you have been asked to participate in, what you are feeling, but I can well imagine that should must be feeling just like a beautiful, shining star -- and that you clearly are. Be proud, I know you are, as you have told us so, and yes, so glad that you tooted your horn and told us of this wonderful thing that has happened in your life. Good on you, I hope that you have the most wonderful time, down south, and that it is a great and wonderful event!! Go, Heather, go!! And, have a most wonderful day, CynthiaM.

18Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:06 am

cornel

cornel
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

congrats Heather! dont come back with too many more Smile

19Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:12 am

Mel

Way to go Heather! We are so happy for you! What an experience that will be!

20Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:30 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

That is so exciting and awesome. Congrats Heather! Very Happy

21Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:31 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fantastic! Congratulations!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

22Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:51 am

Sebas49

Sebas49

Yes, congratulation Heather. For many years I've always wanted to go the Old English Games Jamboree but never did because it was always on the same weekend of our Northland's Show in Edmonton. We have talked about it a number of times about going there but it never did happen. I know and have chatted with judges and exhibitors who have been there and they say it is amazing to see that many OEG in one show. Just to be able to go to the show would be great, but to be asked to judge it would be the ultimate honor. Good job.

The Poultry Press normal does a good job in covering this show so I will be looking to see who the judges picks for World Champion OEG. I hope you get some of the big classes to judge like the Blacks, BB Red, White or Crele. That would be fun. Enjoy.

http://www.c-rducks.com

23Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:20 am

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Congratulations!!!! What an honour!!!

24Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:38 pm

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Really happy for you Heather. It's very, very cool! So nice to hear it brings you such joy.

25Asked to judge at Mecca Empty Re: Asked to judge at Mecca Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:13 pm

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Wow Heather! Congratulations on such a huge accomplishment! You have great birds and your hard work shows!
Enjoy the grand opportunity that is before you!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum