Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Requesting help, suggestions, comments on my new website.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hi Everyone

I have been planning on redoing my website for the past two years. With my semi-retirement from teaching this fall (only work mornings) I have started and I am planning on having it done for the Dec. Red Deer show. That way I can show anyone who wants to see pictures of my birds my site to them on my iPad2. I started by regis. My own domain - pandlgamebirds.ca. I then started using an online site called 1and1.com which has several neat features. I have put about 22 hours into it so far, taking new pics of some of my birds, organizing the site and uploading pictures and information.

I have a problem. I can’t decide which way to go with the picture gallery.

Method one – show each picture on the page with a image which can be clicked on to enlarge. Then you can move through the pictures. 4 pictures = 4 images. 8 pictures = 8 images. The page can get long…….

Method two – Slide show method. Shows one larger image, which automatically starts a slide show of the images. (automatic part can be turned off) picture can be clicked on to enlarge, or there is a full screen button. (neat feature).

I can’t decide which way to go, or if I should use combination of the two. Perhaps the slide method when there are more then 5 pictures or the info on the page is already long.

I would appreciate any or all comments or suggestions which would help me make a good site. While their please take a second to sign my guest book.

Please remember it is only about a 1/3 done. I will be putting more pictures and info up later today. It should be completed by Red Deer show (including spell checking).

You should be able to get there by typing in pandlgamebirds.ca or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks for your help.
Perry

http://www.pandlgamebirds.ca

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Personally I like to see all the pictures as thumbprints (small) and then I can click on the ones I want to enlarge to look at better...
Good job doing up a website,they do take a lot of fiddling but so nice to have especially if you update them regularly so people can see what is happening with your stock recently.
I like your chamois sebrights pics, still have the x chamois from you as she is such a pet! Very Happy

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

nuthatch333

nuthatch333
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I agree with mirycreek, I like to have a thumbnail that I can enlarge. Very nice website so far.

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I prefer thumbnail too. If you're concerned about putting too much on one page, perhaps you could split them up on different pages(chickens, pheasants, quail, etc).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum