Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

National Kick a Stupid Person Day.

+15
Nom_de_Plume
silkiebantam
gubi
Dan Smith
Jonny Anvil
Dark Wing Duck
Ruffledfeathers
Fowler
rosewood
Hillbilly
coopslave
pops coops
Susan
BriarwoodPoultry
uno
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:25 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am going to lobby Ottawa for a new holiday where we get to kick random stupid people for flaggrant acts of heinous stupidity. Personally I think if there was more of this on a daily basis, the world would be a better place. Yes. I'm ranting. I have lately had it up to HERE with stupid people! Why have they not been naturally selected OUT of the gene pool is what I want to know. I cannot believe they walk among us and worse, reproduce!

Normally I advocate for all of us playing nice in the sandbox. Then there are those who ought to take their Dinky toys and GO HOME! Recently I have had two opportunities to encounter red hot stupidity that got my blood pressure boiling!

Earlier this week when my truck blew up on the side of the road and as the tow truck driver crawled around hooking it up, RISKING HIS LIFE, I watched in horror as IDIOT drivers without the sense God gave a duck, sped by without slowing down or changing lanes. In BC it is THE LAW to slow down to 70kms and change lanes if you can whenever an emergency vehicle of any sort is roadside. I was sickened by the idiotic, selfish, lazy, carelessness of my fellow drivers. Concerned for themselves only. To better the situation of emergecny vehicle operators everywhere, I marched down the shoulder and alerted traffic by using a hand gesture that is NOT promoted in traffic flagging school. If you are TOO STUPID to slow down when you see a tow truck and people on the side of the road, then you have earned whatever finger gets flipped in your face. Be ashamed, be very ashamed.

Today, eating breakfast out, we were seated near two young women with their young children. The one, in a high chair, hurled food to the floor and spilled two glasses of drink while his vacant mother yapped into her cell phone. His high chair was shoved into the walkway and every waitress with hot food and coffee had to literally step over and around this obstacle in her path. Did dill-weed mother take one moments notice that her child was in peril or how difficult she was making the waitress's job? Heck no! It is her right to inflict her empty headed self and her drooling infant upon the world and inconvenience anyone as much as she sees fit. And if the Govt implements Kick A Stupid PErson Day, it would have been my right to give her a well deserved thwack on the back of the head and tell her to grow some manners...they're FREE! Growing a brain, obviously a task that has eluded her thus far.

Really. Is it so hard to look around and contemplate what impact your actions have on others? It used to be called being polite. If you can take a few seconds of your day to ease the way for someone else, why wouldn't you? Keep your dog, your kid and your shopping cart out of someone else's way. Be aware, be alert, be proactive. Be a good citizen and not an empty headed boob. It's not hard. BUt it does mean that other people have to be at least as important as you are and in this day and age it seems we are all about the almighty Self.

While there are times when we can't help what happens, there are many, many times when we can. But Stupid People inflict themselves on others with thoughtless disregard. Or as I call it, stupidity. And it really, REALLY bugs me!

2National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:31 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I support your lobbying the govermnent wholeheartedly. I'm glad I'm not the only one that notices such things! It's hard to bite your tongue, I greatly dislike shopping in very busy places, people shoving you aside to hurridly walk by, me yelling after them " I THINK YOU MEANT EXCUSE YOU!!!" ... and I"M the one that generally gets gawked at. Question

Kick a stupid person day. I love the sound of that. I'm going to go polish up my boots while you work on the Gov't side of things Wink

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

3National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:42 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thank you Uno- yes Manners and common sense seem to be a thing of the past. My own pet peeve is doors. I insist my son hold doors open for us girls. Chauvinistic? I think not. Basic manners as far as I am concerned. I always hold the door open for people behind me. Half the time they say "Thank you". The other, I loudly mention to my kids how rude it is not to the thank a person for holding the door. The other is at the grocery store. When I Walk in between someone and what they are looking at I say "excuse me". When others do not, I get Pi**ed and say, "I guess they forgot the Excuse me part"". A few manners go a long way. I for one, believe in teaching this to my kids.

4National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:23 pm

Last edited by reneggaide on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

5National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:41 pm

The lessons taught to those of which you find annoying are that result of a later generation that now watch's and smiles at there accomplishment .We're moving so fast that we have brought this on ourselves unknowingly .Stand up for yourself , Don't let him/her get away wuth that , You do it however you want , who cares what the next person wants ??? sound familier .If that day would come that we could "" Kick "" the persons for there stupidity , well I think my foot would be broken in a day .Everyone wants rights , freedom of speech ,I don't need to listen to the rules ? and we've allowed it to get to a point that it is now out of control .It used to be said that we all have our cross to bear .Teach your children respect , obey the rules set , and maybe ......just maybe we can turn this around yet .As a side note I was talking to my cousin a few years back while he was working on his backhoe on the road that he was hired to do a repair on ( I rode my bike there ) and this "" young "" fellow tears by with out any regard to us at all , about two feet from us and I lost it and gave him the middle finger salute ! He stops a way off from us and challenges me ??????? Bring it on was my responce , I'll explaine the rules to you ! ......all I can say is he was a coward at the best , stupid would have been to kind .

6National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:04 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have said for years that the new generation or most of them have no Manners and most of all common sense, is it something we learn ? As fo door I always open doors for ladies, cars and stores, and hold it open for the next person as well.

http://www.popscoops.com

7National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:08 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Rennegade am I hearing you correctly? Am I hearing you say it is My Selfishness in trying to teach my children manners?? I'm sure I am just reading this wrong.

8National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:05 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Susan wrote:Rennegade am I hearing you correctly? Am I hearing you say it is My Selfishness in trying to teach my children manners?? I'm sure I am just reading this wrong.

I think that sarcasm is very difficult to get across with the typed word. I know I get into trouble with that sometimes as I can be very sarcastic, but without the tone of voice or the facial expression, it can be difficult. I took much of Rennegade`s comment as sarcasm. Maybe I am off too. Very Happy Rolling Eyes

I have enjoyed this thread a lot. First for the laugh out loud I got from Uno`s original post. Thank you, after a very tough, long day it was a nice surprise. And second for the like minded people I find here who so beautifully say how I feel much better than I could say it myself.

9National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:07 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I'll spearhead this project. It's hard to teach sheer stupidity, and ignorance anything, so we must kick them.

After haveing a bullet fly over my head a couple weeks ago in my backyard, I've about had it with people that got whacked with a stupid stick one too many times.

10National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:29 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

We experienced the drivers that ignore the emergency vehicle on the side of the road yesterday. The driver is suppose to slow down on the highway to 70 km and move over away from the emergency vehicle. It is difficult to move over when a bunch of vehicles start passing as soon as you slow to the legal speed limit. Just another reason to make trips to the city few and far between and absolutely forget going to the really big cities.

11National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:46 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

A brown haired woman in a black Kia Sportage almost hit my wife at a crosswalk a couple of months ago. Wife got a very good look at her as she was texting on her purple cell phone (so close she could have reached out and touched her). Dummy was so oblivious she didn't even notice when my wife yelled at her through her open driver's window. (yes, we have distracted driving laws in New Brunswick)

I like the Kicking idea but what if the person is driving? Maybe we could throw a brick at them or something.

12National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:54 am

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oops sorry renengade, I get what you are saying now. I shouldn't post when I am so tired I can't read right Smile... Or do I get the first kick?
cyclops

13National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:38 am

Last edited by reneggaide on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

14National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:43 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

cheers I can't say anything cause all of you have touched on everything that bothers me!! Thank you. I might not get the first kick but I'm happy to get what I can just give me a heads up so I can stretch first Laughing

I am so happy to hear that people are getting tired of this non-responsible, self indilugant lack of common sense, no respecting fools!!

15National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:49 am

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I was told once "You can't fix stupid!", but with this new special day, It would sure be fun trying!

16National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:52 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ruffledfeathers wrote: just give me a heads up so I can stretch first Laughing

Good idea or we will be having an epidemic of days off after `kick a stupid person day` because people are calling in injured with pulled hammys!!! Please everyone, take Ruffledfeathers` advice and have a good stretch in preperation. We all could even start practicing on buckets and other light, flexible objects. Laughing

17National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:30 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think some valid points have been brought up here. One should not embark on a Kick-a-thon without a proper warm-up. We don't want our protest against Stupidity to end with a long line at the Dr's office. IF anyone here partakes of yoga and can suggest some appropriate warm ups, I think that would be a great idea!

I like the idea of throwing bricks, but to be honest, bricks are hard to fit in my purse. Frozen horse turds fit neatly into a purse, pocket or backpack and fit well into a slingshot. One can hurl eggs, but we all know the value of an egg is wasted when used as an object of protest. Bake with your eggs, throw poo.

18National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:32 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

LOL

19National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:51 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Uno. I couldn't agree with you more except that the word stupid may not be the best word because I really beleive that most of those people that you refer to know better but because of their narsasistic attitude and extreme selfishness they choose not to do the right thing and I would love to kick them in the behind or even better a public caining.

20National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:27 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

lol! lol! lol!

Oh snap Dan you went old school !! Nice

I'm thinking I need a cain.

21National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:29 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree Dan, 'stupid' is not the best word. Stupid can be caused by neurological damage beyond your control, say your mother didn't have a great grip on you as a child, you bounced off your cranium and have suffered a permanent deficit. Some people can't help being stupid and we truly can't blame them for circumstances beyond their control.

So what do you call those people who grew up in the same society we all did, but are so (what, what is the word we look for?) that you want to wing a frozen horse turd at them and laugh as it ricochets off their nob? What do you call those navel gazing morons who act like there is no one in the world except themselves? Well, what do you call them that you can say on a G-rated forum? I'm all ears Dan.

22National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:53 pm

gubi

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I ran accross this on Facebook

23National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:00 pm

uno wrote:I agree Dan, 'stupid' is not the best word. Stupid can be caused by neurological damage beyond your control, say your mother didn't have a great grip on you as a child, you bounced off your cranium and have suffered a permanent deficit. Some people can't help being stupid and we truly can't blame them for circumstances beyond their control.

So what do you call those people who grew up in the same society we all did, but are so (what, what is the word we look for?) that you want to wing a frozen horse turd at them and laugh as it ricochets off their nob? What do you call those navel gazing morons who act like there is no one in the world except themselves? Well, what do you call them that you can say on a G-rated forum? I'm all ears Dan.Maybe ...........Lacking ?? One brick short of a load

24National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:16 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

OK how about narcissistic, selfish turds. Oh and I love that add that Gubi shows of the comment about hunters and that they should buy their meat from the stores where no animals were harmed in the making of the meat. The scary thing about that comment is that I truly believe that that person whether they be male or female, believes what they are saying and what is even more scary is that they are probably allowed to vote and reproduce. I would not want to kick that person but rather just hug them and in a calm soft voice tell them that everything will be all right.

25National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Empty Re: National Kick a Stupid Person Day. Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:12 pm

Dan Smith wrote:OK how about narcissistic, selfish turds. Oh and I love that add that Gubi shows of the comment about hunters and that they should buy their meat from the stores where no animals were harmed in the making of the meat. The scary thing about that comment is that I truly believe that that person whether they be male or female, believes what they are saying and what is even more scary is that they are probably allowed to vote and reproduce. I would not want to kick that person but rather just hug them and in a calm soft voice tell them that everything will be all right.
.........well said Dan!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum