Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oh my Gordon! Could I really be a cat person?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

We have had ChickenCrack's kitties in the house two weeks now and I must admit I am smitten! Adorable! They play all day, are highly entertaining, don't leave presents behind like puppies do, and I haven't had an allergic reaction yet! Could it be I am actually a cat person?

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh my Gordon, maybe you are! Who knew!?

Sue, you made me laugh out loud with that and I don't mean the cat part.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very Happy I hope I cheered you from you crabby phone call rant mood. Very Happy

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm not a cat person, but I sure do like kittens. Shocked

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

I just brought home 2 foster kittens this morning. My lord they are little spitfires!! I can't get near them. They're terrified and totally on the defense. My hands/fingers/arms are in serious danger.

So we will wait them out. I get the sharp SPIT every time I walk past their kennel. The dogs have quit approaching. They will come around and someday, in a while, they will make someone lovely companions I hope.

I'm totally a cat person. I love the challenge of an unsocialized kitten. When they finally come around and you can stroke and scritch and cuddle them (in time) there is no better reward. Cats are really loving and affectionate when they feel safe. Sadly, humans have created a lot of unhappy cats. I am fixing that one or two at a time. Wish me luck with these little firecrackers!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Farmchiq it sounds like you are up to the challenge! You are a better woman than I. My kitties were pre-tamed before I got them.

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

GOod luck, FarmChiq! Get yourself a pair of welder's gloves for the first cuddle sessions. Remember, play safe!

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am a cat person too. Farmchiq, I am with you. I love to get my kittens like that, I figure they always make the best cats. Isn't it amazing that a cuddly little kitten can make itself so big and fierce that dogs don't want any part of it. The big eyeballs and spitting hiss is so cute. Very Happy

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

I love the challenge as well. I use to do fostering with our local shelter. It was even better when you'd break thru and they realise your not the bag guy. Love was usually endless after Smile

I've almost always had really good dogs so they would just look these little hairballs then look back at me as if to say "why?" By the time our 6 wks was up it was more of a "oh no cuddles" look. LOL

Good luck with your spitfires

Ruffledfeathers wrote:I love the challenge as well. I use to do fostering with our local shelter.

Ruffledfeathers I sent you a PM. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum