Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thank you Pigeon Lake Poultry Processors!!!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey Everyone,

Well I too had my first chance to get some Fresh Heritage Turkey for the Freezer. We had a fresh one for easter dinner. Nothing beats enjoying the bounty of your own land, your own efforts. I am very pleased with the finished results of these Ridley Bronze toms. Cameron and his staff at Pigeon Lake Poultry processors did an excellent, professional job. I highly recommend using their services, and will be again.

Overall we brought 7 Toms to PLPP, one Merriam/Bronze cross in the group with 6 Pure bred Ridleys from our lines.
These toms were 10 months old, hatched last year and incredibly fat. There was a layer of fat all around the upper breast, and towards the wings. These boys were fed well and I see that corn help them put on some insulation for winter.

All in all very pleased... Thank you again Cameron and your Staff at PLPP. Your services are top notch and of a great benefit to this community.

Here are some pics of the package turkey..... and the one we cooked up for Easter dinner.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And the results after a long basting and some slow heat..... Turkey perfection Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Our boys left early this morning for freezer camp...... Orpington cockerels. We shall see how they turn out. This is our first go at processing

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Mmm, mmm. They look wonderfully delicious.  Smile I think I have processor envy now, haha...

Seriously though, what I wouldn't give to have a processor around these parts. Doing everything myself is a bit tedious at times.

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

There is nothing like the feeling of pride and accomplishment when you serve food that is healthy, ethical, and is the result of your own time and effort. Plus it looks amazing!

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Still enjoying left overs Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum