Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vernon pigeon and poultry show tomorrow!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Looking forward to the Vernon show...coop in is at 8 am. Hopefully we will have the birds loaded by 6;30 and be on the road.... It's going to be a good day.

Beep

Beep

This sounds fun! Do you know if there is an entrance fee for guests?

Where is this being held? What time is it open? Will you be staying?

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I don't think there is a cost to just come a enjoy all the wonderful birds maybe just a donation.  It is held at the Vernon Recreation Center as part of The Vernon Winter Carnival.  Yes I will be staying.  I will not have any birds in the show but my daughter is going to have a few.  I will try to post a link....don't be surprised if it fails....as mentioned before, computers and I are NOT friends!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Echo 1 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Holy smokes I think it worked! LOL

IzzyD

IzzyD

It's going to be a lot of fun!!

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

The entrance fee is a donation, all of which helps to pay for rental of the building. They have a good entry and judging starts between 8:30-9:00 am I will be available to answer any questions that fanciers have and will have my Standard of Perfection available for fanciers to have a look at. Also if you would like to join the APA just let me know.

Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

It was a great day! What a wonderful opportunity to learn much more about the many breeds and varieties exhibited. I resisted the urge to bring home anyone new. Heather thank you so much for taking the time to thoroughly explain each bird's strengths and weaknesses. I have trouble reading a book and translating it into a three dimensional vision.... so much easier for me to see with my eyes what is correct and what isn't. Awesome day!

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Wish I had seen this yesterday I would have joined the APA heather!

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yes what echo said!! Lots of info learned...now for some culling..

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi guys I had a wonderful time with all of you. I love having the time for teachable moments and it's great when we have a number of birds to look at side by each, shows what I am talking about so much better.

For all who are following this thread I allowed anyone who wanted to follow me while I judged and we talked about each birds strong points as well as weak points and if any Disqualifications were found everyone got to see what they looked like. The club had a nice entry some very nice birds and we awarded both Champion of Show and Res. Champion but also Special Champion award for our novice exhibitors. Thanks to everyone who took the time to bring their birds out.

Fuzzy you can go to the APA website and join also as they take Paypal. Talk later

Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

IzzyD

IzzyD

We had a lot of fun too, I can't wait til the next one.. I'm gonna make sure I bring my ducks too, I haven't showed before but it looks like a lot of fun Smile

IzzyD

IzzyD

After having the little ducks and only having the little OEG chickens... Wow do those Orpington's massive!!
There was so many beautiful feathered ones to check out.
I have only been to one show before this... And until then I thought a pigeon was a pigeon... It's amazing the differences just in that group alone, so many interesting characteristics.

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Izzy it is fun and so much less stress than showing horses! Less expensive too!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum