Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cholest-fest

+6
Sweetened
Echo 1
Magdelan
authenticfarm
ipf
uno
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Cholest-fest Empty Cholest-fest Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:42 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Inspired by Echo1

"I would be delighted to participate in the festival of cholesterol "

A festival of cholesterol = Cholestfest.

This is my dirty little secret, fave Cholesfest. I would make these and eat them all. THen I decided to freeze them because that would slow down my consumption. Wrong! They are delicious frozen! Now I just don't make them cause I can't stop eating them, although once a year I indulge and buy a slice from the grocery store.

IN a pot, over low heat, add the following

peanut butter
butter
butterscotch chips
chocolate chips if you feel like it
coloured mini marshmallows
Pour this melted mess into a greased pan and allow to cool. Or not. You can hear your arteries hardening. Cholestfest!

What is your Cholestfest fave?

2 Cholest-fest Empty Re: Cholest-fest Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:46 am

ipf

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Of all those ingredients, only butter contains cholesterol.

3 Cholest-fest Empty Re: Cholest-fest Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:52 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Kill joy.

4 Cholest-fest Empty Re: Cholest-fest Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:53 am

ipf

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

you WANT to eat more cholesterol?

5 Cholest-fest Empty Re: Cholest-fest Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:02 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hey! REad the title. Cholestfest. Not skim yogurt and low fat grain.

(But now that I know this, I might whip up a batch..is it also almost calorie free?)

6 Cholest-fest Empty Re: Cholest-fest Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:04 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Better add bacon. And cream.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

7 Cholest-fest Empty Re: Cholest-fest Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:38 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

um . . .

pork cracklings
whipped cream on any and all deserts
fudge
bread and butter pudding
cream cheese icing from the carrot cake
raw biscuit cookie dough
raw banana cake mix
cheesecake
egg nog
overripe bananas fried in butter till they caramelise and go chewy with cream drizzled over top

good grief, I could just about take a whole day listing all the stuff I like to eat that is a bit  Suspect . But possibly the one I don't eat anymore (not since I ate like a hungry teenager when there was never enough food in the fridge) is a big pancake fried in butter with cheese on top so when you flip it the cheese melts and goes crunchy and then with lots of raspberry jam or fav honey. That is marching food and I had to stop eating it cause someone (or a few people) had already built the great wall of China.

I'm actually not sure if it is cholesterol alone that causes issues, I look out for those fake sugars, high fructose corn syrup, fake butter, LDL (low density lippo proteins - want to eat the high density ones like olive oil which can help take crap off your artery walls - a lot more context to it), hydrogenated fats, high carb diets. I try to eat as natural a diet as possible and that includes plenty of real butter, cream etc. So, bad in a good way? we need cholesterol for hormone production. jeez. just about time for me to make like a tree and leave  Razz 

8 Cholest-fest Empty Re: Cholest-fest Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:37 am

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am liking this thread!  How did I miss it for so long?

Fudge, maple walnut

Melted cheddar, yup cut it up and melt in a microwave safe bowl.  I can't remember when or how this strange pleasure started but it's a guilty one

Vanilla ice cream, add whole milk, hot chocolate powder, corn syrup and chopped walnuts.  This one came from Banana Split Sunday nights as a child.  I eliminated   the healthy/foolish part...Fruit?  WHY would you add fruit to this bowl of yummyness?

Best of all BACON!  I LOVE bacon!

I plan to try the over ripe fried bananas.... I need to do something with the ones I am not eating from the banana splits

Last edited by Echo 1 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

9 Cholest-fest Empty Re: Cholest-fest Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:40 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Echo 1 wrote:

I plan to try the over ripe fried bananas.... I need to do something with the ones I am not eating from the banana splits

make sure to cook them long and slow - too fast and you burn the sugars in the banana and also, leave for a while on each side until ready to turn. I think I burned a few before I worked out a good approach to them. They are part of my life plan in learning patience  Razz 

10 Cholest-fest Empty Re: Cholest-fest Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:12 pm

Sweetened

Sweetened
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Personally, I would like to eat more cholesterol. I'm not afraid of the stuff, in fact, there's plenty of research other there that shows we need more of it in our diet than we currently like to have today.

Bacon x 5

And fresh, whole raw milk.

Bacon flavored fresh whole raw milk would also be most excellent. Not really, but I would definitely try it.

http://steadfastfarm.wordpress.com/

11 Cholest-fest Empty Re: Cholest-fest Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:44 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, I was out at peanut butter...allergic.

However, I do have a little cholesterol story for you. Doug has high cholesterol and high blood pressure. He watches what he eats. I don't. Eggs, butter, cream, highly marbled steaks all form an important part of my diet!

Now Doug had been watching my diet for some time and told me I had better get in to the doctor. If his cholesterol was high, mine must be through the roof! So as a dutiful wifey I went in and had both cholesterol and blood pressure tested. They were both found to be abnormally low!

I came home after getting the results and Doug asked...soooo?

I told him there were serious problems with both my cholesterol and my blood pressure. Aha! He exclaimed. Yes, I said, the doctor has told me to eat more eggs, butter, cream and highly marbled steaks since my results were far too low!

*Snicker*

12 Cholest-fest Empty Re: Cholest-fest Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:09 pm

I really think there's something to the whole idea of eating for your blood type. I know CynthiaM and I share the same need for meat protein. I can do without meat of some sort for a couple of days, but I seriously crave it after that! I also eat eggs, etc., though stay away from butter, don't do milk or cream (but do love cheese) blah blah blah, all that to say, my test results are always similar to you Sue. My body can process this diet, where others only have to look at a bacon cheeseburger (Mmmmmmm!) and their LDL spikes. I feel very fortunate to be me.

13 Cholest-fest Empty Re: Cholest-fest Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:17 pm

Piet

Piet
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Keep the fat from cooking bacon and let it cool off till its hard again. Smear on a piece of bread or cracker and sprinkle a good amount of salt on the shiney stuff. That tastes great and should be added to the c-list.
Piet

http://pvgflemishgiants.tripod.com/

14 Cholest-fest Empty Re: Cholest-fest Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:20 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

farmchiq wrote:I really think there's something to the whole idea of eating for your blood type.  I know CynthiaM and I share the same need for meat protein.  I can do without meat of some sort for a couple of days, but I seriously crave it after that!  I also eat eggs, etc., though stay away from butter, don't do milk or cream (but do love cheese) blah blah blah, all that to say, my test results are always similar to you Sue.  My body can process this diet, where others only have to look at a bacon cheeseburger (Mmmmmmm!) and their LDL spikes.  I feel very fortunate to be me.

My blood type is B rh negative. What should I be eating?

15 Cholest-fest Empty Re: Cholest-fest Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:25 pm

I don't know Sue - I wish I knew more! I don't even know what my own blood type is. I've just heard there are diets that correspond somewhat to our different blood types. I'm guessing you can google that. I have the "meat eating" blood type, whichever that one is. Wink

16 Cholest-fest Empty Re: Cholest-fest Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:32 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sister from another mister .... I am rh- as well.

I am O-, whatever that means. Other than that I should donate blood.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

17 Cholest-fest Empty Re: Cholest-fest Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:42 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

farmchiq wrote:I don't know Sue - I wish I knew more!  I don't even know what my own blood type is.  I've just heard there are diets that correspond somewhat to our different blood types.  I'm guessing you can google that.  I have the "meat eating" blood type, whichever that one is.  Wink

I think I have the meat eating type by simple virtue that I crave juicy bloody steaks and on a regular basis.  We eat meat pretty much every day mostly because I cook the most and I like meat  Razz .  My husband says he could give it up.  He'll have to cook more I guess.  He makes really nice food actually, but it would mean more beans.  I have nothing against beans or tofu (it is good stuff!) for that matter but this cartoon did make me laugh!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

18 Cholest-fest Empty Re: Cholest-fest Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:51 pm

pigglet

I was raised on meat, eggs, bacon, butter, everything raised on the farm. My Dad always said eat or you don't have the energy to work. I ate. My Dad put the bacon drippings (home cured) on his toast in the morning. Died to early at 93. We still eat lots of these things.

19 Cholest-fest Empty Re: Cholest-fest Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:30 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hah! My dad says, "Eat meat, potatoes belong in the basement!" He grew up in Germany during the war where meat was scarce.

20 Cholest-fest Empty Re: Cholest-fest Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:15 pm

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

My favorite fatty snack is plain, Ruffles chips, and Ruffle french onion dip. DELICIOUS!

21 Cholest-fest Empty Re: Cholest-fest Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:44 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Ruffles and Ranch.... now you are just talking dirty!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum