Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FALL FEATHER FEST

+5
viczoe
CynthiaM
IzzyD
Beep
Echo 1
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1FALL FEATHER FEST Empty FALL FEATHER FEST Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:11 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

If you have an opportunity, please come out and support Fall Feather Fest in Armstrong BC October 17, 18 and 19. It is a wonderful chance to see some awesome birds, meet great people and educate yourself in the wonderful world of poultry. Hosted by the dedicated folks at the Vernon Pigeon and Poultry Club it will be fantastic! Entries close on October 3rd, forms can be printed directly from the club web site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I hope this year there will be another silent auction. I plan to arrive cash in hand for some lively bidding! Looking forward to seeing several members of the forum there.

2FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:22 pm

Beep

Beep

We are looking forward to it!! Is the Saturday the best day to go? In the past, what kinds of things are in the silent auction?

3FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:07 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I would say Saturday is the best day to go, that's when the judging happens. Friday is "Coop in" where exhibitors bring their birds and get them settled in the show cages and Sunday is "Coop out" which is just the opposite. Last year there were silent auction items from Brinsea courtesy of C. Botkin I think, pairs of birds and many other treasures. Looking forward to it!

4FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:23 pm

Beep

Beep

Ooh! How much money should one bring ?? LOL Money Throw

5FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:17 am

IzzyD

IzzyD

I will be there too.
I'm excited as this will be my first time showing.

6FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:19 pm

Beep

Beep

Oooh, whatcha showing IzzyD??

7FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:29 am

IzzyD

IzzyD

Call ducks and East Indie ducks Smile

8FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:32 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was going to enter some birds, but that isn't going to happen. Just decided against it, I hope you all enjoy the show and get some wonderful comments and recognition on your birds, have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

9FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:45 am

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hello Cindi
Back from the vacation but crazy busy here with fall and all. Got back on the 3rd and just dropped everything to head down to lower mainland show where Joe had kindly, picked out and entered a few birds for me.
Feels weird to be back on the computer as I was totally with out all computer stuff. Very relaxing but now have many many e-mails and stuff to get though. Saw that you got the Apples great! We took the other tree down due to bad wind damage. But don't worry we have 2 others that should have lots useable apples next year.
Sorry to see you are not putting anything in the show, you have some great birds. It's not to late you know as we are still accepting ph. E-mail entries. Heck I just got mine in the other day, as it has been well over a month since I have seen any of my birds, so had to spend some time looking at them as they have changed and matured. Talk soon

Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

10FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:37 am

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I must remember to bring the blow dryer home from work. There will be chicken bathing this weekend! My dear Mom and Aunt are horrified that our main bathroom becomes a chicken spa.

11FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:44 am

IzzyD

IzzyD

A chicken spa haha that's funny Smile

12FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:47 am

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Countdown to the show. Set up is Thursday at 6:00 pm though some of us will be there earlier, getting things together. We have a good entry and many thanks to all who entered. Our judge " Connor Keegan" is looking forward to assessing your birds and will be available for questions after the judging is complete.
The banquet will be great and the food and fellowship will be something to look forward too. We will be letting everyone go right after award presentations on Sunday morning and anyone who can stay for an short time to help with cage take down will be greatly rewarded with a "hearty thank you from our club"

See everyone there and safe travels! The weather looks to be great
Heather

13FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:45 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Just a handful of "sleeps" to go before Fall Feather Fest. I have poultry blow drying in my basement.... Big fluffy blonde poultry! Anyone else prepping for the big day?

14FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:21 pm

IzzyD

IzzyD

Yes!
This will be my first, very excited Smile

15FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:23 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

My best wishes and luck for everyone attending the show. Would love to hear the results of stuff when we get back. We have to go to the coast for some family matters, and just can't make it to see, nor attend, sigh....anyways, have fun, this is a wonderful thing, and so much work goes into making this an event every one can enjoy. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy and, well, what else can I say. But enjoy! Have beautiful days, CynthiaM.

I am wondering how Alyssa's buff orpingtons are going to do, I know she is bringing some, smiling....her rooster kicked ass last year at two fall events, smiling again....

16FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:44 am

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Cynthia, Alyssa's rooster from you is delightful! He is BIG handsome and such a sweet guy. He is just coming out of a molt. She has some stunning pullets from him this year, bigger than the hens they came from but without losing that lovely Orpington type. He is staying home. Nothing to be gained by showing him again....he has accomplished all he needs to. She is very excited about the new buff pullets she purchased to breed to him and the new cockerel to breed to the big man's pullets. Poor hubby is busy every weekend building coops and runs....... She is close to 80 birds now.

17FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:06 am

Alyssa Patterson

Alyssa Patterson

Echo Hush that was a secret Embarassed.
Cynthia he is doing great, I can't wait until the February show in Vernon to show off his lovely babies. Very Happy

http://www.riverbendheritagepoultry.com

18FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:07 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Awesome guys, I might one day be getting a bit of stock from you, once you have those entirely separate genetics fixed in your lines....maybe we are all onto something really big here, I mean like...really big and great orpingtons, just how they should be, huge table fowl, lovely personalities, and lovely mothers...oops, this was about Fall Featherfest, smiling that big smile. Enjoy, have fun, and kiss ass! Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

19FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:44 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

As always Fall Feather Fest was a huge success! I believe there were over 500 birds, many were simply amazing examples of their breed. Happy to say Alyssa's birds did very well, gathering Champion English and Reserve Champion English from a group of nice English birds. The judge was very helpful, taking time to answer any questions asked by exhibitors. There was lively bidding on several silent auction items. I believe 2 of the most popular were a Brinsea eco glow brooder and a Brinsea Octagon 20 incubator. I really wanted the brooder but things quickly got too rich for my wallet. I have fallen in love with many of the delightful bantam breeds. I must resist! Thank you to the Vernon Pigeon and Poultry Club for once again hosting a wonderful show! I also want to take a moment to thank KathyS for allowing Alyssa to purchase some of her stunning birds! THANK YOU! I am looking forward to seeing what they produce in the breeding pens.

20FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:42 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Echo, very nice to hear that, what variety of orpington took the champion awards? Would be interested.KathyS certainly has some beautiful orpingtons, which will be good for the work there.have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

21FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:39 am

Bob G

Cindi, when I left 2 buff orps looked likely to be under consideration for top birds. Unfortunately I left early.Thanks Heather and Dudley for some good btm fowl.

22FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:43 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yes Cynthia it was the beautiful Buffs Alyssa got from KathyS in early August. They did very well and Alyssa can't wait to breed them to the birds from you. Going to be a golden cross I think!

23FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:05 pm

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well another Featherfest has come and gone, hoping everyone has a relaxing drive home. Many thanks for the clean up help from all the exhibitors who stayed thanks to you and there were so many of you, I would say Almost everyone pitched in and we were all out of there by 11:00 am.

We had a really good entry and the weather was beautiful. I don't have complete list of the winners, but congratulations go out to Alyssa on her Ch. and Res Champion English Buff Orprington' in a very tough English Class. Also to Silver Ridge Aviaries on winning 5th best Old English Game Bantam on a Crele pullet in a very large class of I believe 90 OEG'S.

Show Champion- bantam -Wheaten KO-Shamo - cockerel ( this bird was also show Champion at Fraser Valley 2 weeks ago) Heather Hayes
Res. Show Champion- bantam- Modern Game-Birchen - pullet-Heather Hayes
Ch. Large Fowl - Light Brown Leghorn -Cockerel- Heather Hayes
Res. Ch. Large Fowl - Black Shamo- Cockerel- Herman Huijskamp
Ch. Waterfowl- Black East Indie- Old Drake- Rick ?
Ch. Junior- Drew Mazur

Our banquet was great with a full house. Hope to see you all again next year same time same place.

Thanks for Supporting our club
Heather

24FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:01 pm

IzzyD

IzzyD

I also had a lot of fun and had the chance to meet some people from here as well. This was the 3rd show I've been to, and the first I've entered ducks in, and I learned A LOT! Even though I'm working with bantam ducks and not chickens or pigeons, I am always amazed by the varieties and enjoy looking at them and watching everyone work with them. I left feeling very inspired and excited about hatching season and next years shows. Im thankful to the club for putting this all together, it was great talking with everyone, so many friendly people.

25FALL FEATHER FEST Empty Re: FALL FEATHER FEST Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:03 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Was really nice to meet IzzyD! Always good to put a face to a name! Congrats on entering your first show....WARNING, it can be addictive! I love the call ducks, so adorable!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum