Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Instead of feather fest I went to.....

+4
Echo 1
HigginsRAT
appway
fuzzylittlefriend
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Instead of feather fest I went to..... Empty Instead of feather fest I went to..... Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:20 am

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I was sorry not to make it to feather fest but too many events happening on the same weekend. I decided to take my young horse to the last show of the season. Only his second show and 1st one cantering ( a big deal to both of us!).

We had a great weekend despite riding in the pouring rain on saturday which made both of us miserable. Sunday we lucked out and the sun came out and made it much nicer.

He/we won high score test for our level/division saturday and sunday and weekend high score for training and 1st level combined.

Came home with some nice prizes, tired bodies and a happy growing up horse!

Instead of feather fest I went to..... IMG_0678_zps88a45da7

Instead of feather fest I went to..... IMG_0816_zpsc86c9160

Instead of feather fest I went to..... IMG_0779_zps4a25d731

Instead of feather fest I went to..... IMG_0815_zps617df78c

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

2Instead of feather fest I went to..... Empty Re: Instead of feather fest I went to..... Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:29 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Great Pics and good for you and the Horse
Love that you are doing Dressage not many do in our area
Darwin wants to start taking lessons
Just think how good he will do next year

3Instead of feather fest I went to..... Empty Re: Instead of feather fest I went to..... Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:38 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

4Instead of feather fest I went to..... Empty Re: Instead of feather fest I went to..... Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:59 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Tara there are people that do Dressage with mules I went to a Mule days in the states a few years ago and they were doing it there

5Instead of feather fest I went to..... Empty Re: Instead of feather fest I went to..... Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:03 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thank you both. Tara its salmon arm not too far from kamloops.

Just so you know a new trend is western dressage. There were a few people doing test there. Its kinda neat. Something different. SO you could have a mule for sure!

The mother of my guy looked just like a mule when she was 2. Big long ears. Her nickname is the t-mule. Still has stuck with her and she is 22 this year!

Dressage is a wonderful sport. You are always learning and there is always room for improvement. I have been riding since I was 5 and this is the 1st time in my life I actually feel like am learning to ride properly. It is great for any type of riding is it gymnastics for horses. It improves all aspects of the sport horse whether they are jumping or other.

Tara its never too late!! There was Japanese combo at the london olympics that the rider was 72! I say there is hope for anyone at any time! I will admit my hips are a aching today:oops: 

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

We missed you at Featherfest but it looks like you had a wonderful weekend! Cograts on going for it!  Canter work...you are my hero!

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Echo1, I spoke with the judge and he said he looked around for you as he wanted to tell you your Buffs are really nice. He quite liked the male he said and he would have went further but for a little more condition on him. Congratulations

Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congratulations on your great results! I was at a horse clinic in Kamloops over the weekend, not too far away. The weather was bitter cold, wet and windy but we were fortunately in a covered arena for most of it. Lots of talk about Western Dressage and Western Trail (sort of obstacle course). I tend towards English riding myself....

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

10Instead of feather fest I went to..... Empty Re: Instead of feather fest I went to..... Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:43 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thank you Heather! I will pass that along to Alyssa.  This may sound like a foolish question but how does one get a bird better conditioned?  If he were a horse, I would have no problem but poultry is new to me and  to Alyssa also.

11Instead of feather fest I went to..... Empty Re: Instead of feather fest I went to..... Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:05 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Looking good. Well done!

12Instead of feather fest I went to..... Empty Re: Instead of feather fest I went to..... Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:57 am

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sorry Fuzzy didn't mean to highjack but thought I was posting under the show heading, just tired from the weekend I guess. Congratulations on your horsey wins.

Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

13Instead of feather fest I went to..... Empty Re: Instead of feather fest I went to..... Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:02 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh Fuzzy, how wonderful and beautiful to see this. I can remember, since time beginning, with my Daughters, who at that time were just young, going to the events that Maple Ridge had. The kids rode English at that time and for some reason, dressage and their classes were at the same events. I don't know, my memory does not serve me well, but maybe that is just how the English events go. I can remember watching the gals on their dressage horses. I think it is elegant, beautiful and such a command of the horses. Dressage has always floated my boat and I just with that I could get to events to see this in the real. You looked beautiful, the outfit, the horse, the weather, the green, the brown of the arena, oh my, oh my. I think the only way that I can fulfill this, is to get a video or two on dressage eventing and watch it that way....if I ever came back as another human and wanted to get into something, it surely would be dressage. Oh gosh, I can't stop looking at the pictures....have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

14Instead of feather fest I went to..... Empty Re: Instead of feather fest I went to..... Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:33 am

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Rudy is looking so good!  One must love it when a home bred animal of any kind turns out as well, or even better than you expect.  Knowing Fuzzy she will have spent untold hours researching blood lines, royalty of the dressage world really, before she bred her mare.  Just look at the results!  Again Congrats Fuzzy!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum