Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fall Feather Fest?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fall Feather Fest? Empty Fall Feather Fest? Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:57 pm

Beep

Beep

Anyone know anything about dates for the fall feather fest in Armstrong??

2Fall Feather Fest? Empty Re: Fall Feather Fest? Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:41 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

October 17, 18, and 19 is the dates that are listed on the Vernon Pigeon and Poultry Club website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't know an awful lot more, but hopefully by then the fall molt will be complete with most people's birds. I have intention of bringing a few to this featherfest myself. My blue cochin rooster almost bit the dust about 2 weeks ago. They were free ranging out the back (I house him in a chicken tractor with....now....4 barred Plymouth rocks, my extra egg layers. He lives there to get big and strong for when I want to use him for breeding. A coyote must have snuck out of the corn field, grabbed (or two hens went in and it got them), the blue dude must have gone in to save them and only lost a whack of his big long tailfeathers.....I don't think I can show him now, as he was looking so wonderful, but now is not as nice, sigh....might still stick him in with a note on his cage saying a coyote took some of his bum fluff, he has some other nice attributes that I would like opinion on, smiling. Anyways, yes, so nigh to the end of October, just over a month away. Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

3Fall Feather Fest? Empty Re: Fall Feather Fest? Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:30 am

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I believe we will also be showing at Fall Feather Fest (of course the final decision is made by my chicken crazy kid)  Last year was awesome! Cynthia, I am sorry to hear about your rooster's near miss. Thankfully he escaped with only the loss of his beautiful tail!

4Fall Feather Fest? Empty Re: Fall Feather Fest? Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:31 pm

Beep

Beep

Does anyone know if there's a cost to get in for people not showing but possibly purchasing? What are the hours? Best day to go??

5Fall Feather Fest? Empty Re: Fall Feather Fest? Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:14 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Keep an eye on the Vernon club's web site, they will be posting more information soon I am sure.

6Fall Feather Fest? Empty Re: Fall Feather Fest? Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:47 pm

Beep

Beep

OK cool Echo 1, will do, thanks!

7Fall Feather Fest? Empty Re: Fall Feather Fest? Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:54 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

There is ususally no cost to come see. They are very encouraging. I would suggest coming on the saturday. Friday will be set up for people and sunday will be tear down. The judging should all be finished saturday evening and they either give the awards out then or sunday morning. Thats my experience anyways!

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

8Fall Feather Fest? Empty Re: Fall Feather Fest? Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:55 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

There is ususally no cost to come see.  They are very encouraging.  I would suggest coming on the saturday.  Friday will be set up for people and sunday will be tear down.  The judging should all be finished saturday evening and they either give the awards out then or sunday morning.  Thats my experience anyways!

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

9Fall Feather Fest? Empty Re: Fall Feather Fest? Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:41 am

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Full information is now on the Vernon Pigeon and Poultry web site.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It is going to be an awesome show!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum