Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

HEY you artsy fartsy peeps I have a question for you!

+3
authenticfarm
Schipperkesue
Ruffledfeathers
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thats strange we had our wedding Pictures printed off of the memory card at walmart that was almost 10 years ago and They look like they were done just yesterday
Darwin use to Photograph the Dog Sled Races up North and has always used Walmart since they had the option. He still does wedding Photos and uses them at times.
My adopted Sister who also has a Photography Business uses walmart some I will ask her about the Canvas Prints that she sells not sure if they do them or some where else
Just my 2 cents as I am not a Photographer so to me it is a interesting thread

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

This thread is all over the place! *smirk*

You must have a good Walmart...or perhaps good Walmart photography staff. When I got married we did a side by side test. Some photos from Walmart and some from London Drugs. There was no comparison. London drugs was the clear winner. However, this summer I did take some disks with dog show pictures on them to the Walmart on the west side of Edmonton and the pictures are quite nice. I didn't do the comparison though.

Personally I am not fond of the picture on canvas look. I want a photograph to look like a photograph. In my books a top quality photograph should not be ashamed to be a photograph.

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

You need to swing by and see my studio next time you head this way, Sue. You would love it!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good Thoughts sue and yes this thread is getting away from the question
Yes the walmart we use is good we used others and they were bad But Darwin gets money back on the Bad ones from the walmarts that do crappy

Back to the OP Question
Try the Mod Podge on a Puzzle that you Like and see how you like the looks of that alot of people did Mod Podge Puzzles or Get a couple prints of some Photos and put them on some Barn Board scraps They make nice Gifts
Let us know how your Venture Goes and show how the Projects came out

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

This whole thread has made me think of a project for my art option. I went out and bought some Beauti-Tone Hardrock high build shear coat with urethane. I will try it with the kids to make a collage.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I would love to 'see you in action', Authentic. Your donations to the silent auction were beautiful!

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:I would love to 'see you in action', Authentic.  Your donations to the silent auction were beautiful!

I will bring a camera next time I see you. Wink

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have used modge podge but really prefer Weldbond glue mixed with water. Hubby has gallons of the stuff around (uses it for his favorite creative endeavor...concrete) Grandma was the queen of the podge! She made all kinds of stuff with it. I will try to post pictures of a few things, tomorrow when my amazing daughter is available to help

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks Appway and Echo1 those are great start points. Can't wait to see your pics Echo  Very Happy 

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have done this using a color photocopy, a t shirt and fabric glue!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank you Sue !! Smile

That's EXACTLY what I had in mind.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh!

Well, you are welcome.

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I did some Gel Medium Photo Transphers onto Canvas that came out pretty nice.  Unfortunately I gave away all my best ones without taking pictures of them.

I did some experimenting with my colour photocopier and a lazer copier.  The Lazer one worked much, much better. I did a couple with the lazer printer in colour that came out beautifully. (but I gave them away, so can't show you.)

This was one of my first attempts. If you do this with an image that has writing or numbers, keep in mind unless you reverse your image, you will get a mirror image and the numbers will be backwards.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here's my blog on my first attempts. I found that it was a little more tricky then it was explained to be. I could see how it could be fun with appling different amounts of Gel Medium for different affects, such as texture or making it look worn and old. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum