Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question??

+4
Fowler
uno
Hidden River
Dark Wing Duck
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Question?? Empty Question?? Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:10 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

How do you delete a thread you started?

2Question?? Empty Re: Question?? Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:12 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Never mind... I just figured it out! Embarassed

3Question?? Empty Re: Question?? Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:15 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Uh, I thought I figured it out! I guess you can remove your last post, but how do you remove a whole thread that you started?

4Question?? Empty Re: Question?? Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:16 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think only a moderator can delete the entire thread, which one are you wanting gone?

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

5Question?? Empty Re: Question?? Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:21 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

DWD, I share your pain. I often post things then think later, wow, what was I thinking!

On another forum, deleting the first post, which could be done by the author, deleted every single post that followed. That is NOT how it's set up here.

I have gone back at times and deleted my original post, expecting the whole thread to be gone, only to find it wasn't and the remaining posts make no sense at all once the original post is removed. Kind of messy.

Should we have the power to delete the thoughts/words of others? It's a deep moral and philosophical topic that only Fowler can solve for us.

Last edited by uno on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:20 am; edited 3 times in total

6Question?? Empty Re: Question?? Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:37 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:

Should we have the power to delete the thoughts/words of others? It's a deep moral and philosophical topic that only Fowler can solve for us.

Yes.

Moral and philosophical dilemma solved.

Don't believe me? The next time some moronic gasbag is lecturing you with about 1/5 of the information that they should have, just imagine how lovely it would be to delete their thoughts and replace them with something sensible.

7Question?? Empty Re: Question?? Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:55 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Am I the moronic gasbag to whom you refer? Lord, I hope not!

8Question?? Empty Re: Question?? Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:16 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

uno wrote:Am I the moronic gasbag to whom you refer? Lord, I hope not!

Goodness NO!

I'll admit, I did have someone in mind, however nobody on any of the forums I frequent knows them. lol!

9Question?? Empty Re: Question?? Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:36 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh thank you Fowler, It will be my word of the day moronic gasbag ahh loveit lol!

10Question?? Empty Re: Question?? Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:58 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fowler wrote:
uno wrote:

Yes.

Moral and philosophical dilemma solved.

Don't believe me? The next time some moronic gasbag is lecturing you with about 1/5 of the information that they should have, just imagine how lovely it would be to delete their thoughts and replace them with something sensible.

Fowler, I have now snorted wine out my nose. I so agree, not just online but in life in general. But then I tend to be intolerant with very little patience for people who feel the need to draw attention to themselves through showing off with what they know... and this is a big difference from those who selflessly share their knowledge with others. I think we all know the difference.

In the wrong hands 'a little knowledge' can be a dangerous thing.

Sue

11Question?? Empty Re: Question?? Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:01 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Suspect

12Question?? Empty Re: Question?? Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:30 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Huh???? I am sooooo lost

13Question?? Empty Re: Question?? Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:48 pm

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Arcticsun wrote:Huh???? I am sooooo lost

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

14Question?? Empty Re: Question?? Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:44 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

and Darkwing, if you've even figured out how to delete your posts, you're ahead of me. My only idea has been to edit and remove all the text.

15Question?? Empty Re: Question?? Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:17 am

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

No, not yet. You still got the lead on me! LOL!

16Question?? Empty Re: Question?? Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:18 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sometimes at the bottom of the page, next to Quote and Editer, there is a little x in a box. That little x is the delete button. But now it seems that little x disappears when someone has replied to your post. Once someone has posted after you, it seems you are wedged there forever, unless like Fowler said you go in, highlight your entire post and click delete on your keyboard.

I wonder if this is a recent setting change? I have, in the past, deleted topics I was sorry I had started, which left everything that came after, making no sense at all. Maybe our Powers decided this was not good for me to do. They are probably right. However, I often make posts that really need to be deleted! One comes to mind right now. Crying or Very sad

17Question?? Empty Re: Question?? Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:27 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Under the FAQ at the top of the page you will find 'posting issues'. It says that normal users cannot delete a post once someone has replied. I'm hoping they make an exception for some of us abnormal users.

So there you have it, aside from the highlight and delete method, you lose the x option once someone has posted after you. It's right there in the fine print.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum