Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Am I truely lossing my mind?

+5
SerJay
Magdelan
Fowler
uno
Ruffledfeathers
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Am I truely lossing my mind? Empty Am I truely lossing my mind? Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:08 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

I just received a phone call from a gentleman that said he has my cat carrier? The name looks familiar but I just can't quite put a face to it  Shocked  Apparently his estranged wife had it on loan from me and never thought of EVER returning it  Shocked  And know he wants to return it to me. Which is nice but I still can't remember who she is, or even for that matter when it happened, or why I was so nice??? Man alive I have to get my memory back in shape I'm faultering (sp) huge lately  Embarassed 

2Am I truely lossing my mind? Empty Re: Am I truely lossing my mind? Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:14 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Smile I have Alzheimers on both parents' side (one grandparent and one parent) so I'm pretty sure I'm going to too. I play brain games (Ask Sue - she has lots of games for her kids that are fun) on my computer and phone, and I try to do the Sudoku in the newspaper now and then.

3Am I truely lossing my mind? Empty Re: Am I truely lossing my mind? Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:36 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm in the same boat. I can't remember most of what people say to me. Some days I am literally afraid that I am losing my marbles. Other days I think it's just that I have grown so weary of all the incoming pointless junk, that unless what you tell me is earth shatteringly important, my brain automatically deletes what is said. It's like having a built in mental spam folder and most incoming information goes to spam and does not show up in the IN BOX.

RUffled, probably you are not losing your mind. Probably the cat carrier was not that important in the overall scheme of things and your active mental power was taken over by things that did matter and things that didn't matter (cat carrier) got shuffled into spam.

4Am I truely lossing my mind? Empty Re: Am I truely lossing my mind? Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:48 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I once ran into an old university friend and couldn't remember his name for the life of me. Talked to him for like 2 hours. That's a long time to converse without using a name.

It came to me a couple of months later... George... how freakin hard is it to remember George????

5Am I truely lossing my mind? Empty Re: Am I truely lossing my mind? Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:47 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I blame breastfeeding.  I was not the same after that.  It will be 15 years this July since I stopped breastfeeding and it was the best thing for those kids but my brain rewired during the process (tandem feeding probably did the trick) and now I am different  Shocked .  My sister would always know if she was talking to me on the phone and I was breastfeeding at the same time, sometimes she would end the conversation cause it was not "happening".  There are whole chunks of that three year period which I cannot remember at ALL!

On the other hand, think the use it or lose it thing is very important  -  heard once about a convent full of nuns who do crosswords all the time for this very reason and their memory and brain function is excellent.  You go Farmchiq, I too have taken up doing logic puzzles.  I have a sudoku book that has easy, hard and difficult.  I'm up to the difficult ones, same puzzle for 6 years and can't break it.  every so often I go back to it.  rrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  sometimes I think it is faulted  Suspect 

And I agree with Uno about the spam folder, sick of hearing or knowing about so much crappy useless information and maybe why some parents go deaf  -  just get sick of hearing their kids fight all the time.  It can be very wearisome  -  teenage boys seem to go through a phase and I think I am seeing a few glimmers at the end of the tunnel.  Maybe all our neural pathways are connected to our observation of what is in our life!   We have to say no to that A word (like I say no to lice and mites, little ask holes  Evil or Very Mad ).  keep having new adventures that are interesting to us to keep our body filled with joy for life.  If the cells are happy then the body will be rejuvenating  -  if they are angry and sad or plagued by guilt and all those other heavy emotions all the time then the future looks dim.   whoops.  tmi?

Last edited by Magdelan on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more)

6Am I truely lossing my mind? Empty Re: Am I truely lossing my mind? Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:16 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Magdelan you might be onto something!  I thought it was pregnancies but you might be right Smile

Uno is probably right your carrier just wasn't a priority and slipped into spam box but having another spare carrier will be nice to have back 

I saw a FB post not long ago about the "Wonder Years" as in Wonder where I put.. Wonder what I was saying.. Wonder what I was doing… and in Fowlers case it would be Wonder what your name is Smile

7Am I truely lossing my mind? Empty Re: Am I truely lossing my mind? Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:24 pm

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

"they" did studies on cognitive function of elders, and found by doing jigsaw puzzles it improved not only memory, but cognitive function as well. So...start going to garage sales and stock up now.

When I was in grade 12, I had been hanging out with this fellow a lot, he was a good friend of my brothers and we all partied for years together. he then asked me out and i was staying at a friends in Langley at the time (very old family friends) When he came to pick me up and i wanted to introduce him to my friends...i forgot his name.
Now this i know is my social misfittedness...i do it often...just forget your name...even if you are my best friend

8Am I truely lossing my mind? Empty Re: Am I truely lossing my mind? Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:28 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

There is just too much stuff in this world to remember. If I don't write it down I am lost, and Fowler, don't even talk to me about names. For a teacher I am rotten at remembering names.

Good to hear everyone is in the same boat as I. I can't blame it on breast feeding, but I have been thinking menopause is responsible for everything these days.

9Am I truely lossing my mind? Empty Re: Am I truely lossing my mind? Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:51 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Later today I am going to set a puzzle while NOT breastfeeding anyone. I should be brilliant by dinnertime!

10Am I truely lossing my mind? Empty Re: Am I truely lossing my mind? Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Schipperkesue wrote:There is just too much stuff in this world to remember.  If I don't write it down I am lost, and Fowler, don't even talk to me about names.  For a teacher I am rotten at remembering names.

Good to hear everyone is in the same boat as I.  I can't blame it on breast feeding, but I have been thinking menopause is responsible for everything these days.

both hormonal so interesting correlation. ya, me and names, same thing. if I don't have an association with it, it is hard. I am pretty good with faces but for some reason names just fly past me. and lists! I have lists with lists and every few weeks have to clear my hand bag right out.

11Am I truely lossing my mind? Empty Re: Am I truely lossing my mind? Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:14 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

bigrock wrote:"they" did studies on cognitive function of elders, and found by doing jigsaw puzzles it improved not only memory, but cognitive function as well.  So...start going to garage sales and stock up now.

When I was in grade 12, I had been hanging out with this fellow a lot, he was a good friend of my brothers and we all partied for years together.  he then asked me out and i was staying at a friends in Langley at the time (very old family friends)  When he came to pick me up and i wanted to introduce him to my friends...i forgot his name.
Now this i know is my social misfittedness...i do it often...just forget your name...even if you are my best friend
ha ha, funniest thing my sister ever did was introduce me to her future motherinlaw by HER name (my sister's own name) it was quite funny at the time, think she must have been just a little flustered by her mil.... Laughing 

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

12Am I truely lossing my mind? Empty Re: Am I truely lossing my mind? Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:03 pm

My trick when I forget someone's name is to say, "I'm sorry.  I've forgotten your name."  To which they reply, "Uno, you blithering sack of hammers!!".  And to which I scathingly (in my own mind) retort, "Your last name, idjit! I know your first name UNO!!"   tongue

13Am I truely lossing my mind? Empty Re: Am I truely lossing my mind? Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:06 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

I LOVE IT, spam folder indeed. I have found much of what you say is true Uno. But its mostly because I have been squishing the old stuff out and have been trying to put in the new farmy stuff.

I have a medical condition that doesn't help my "lack" of memory so I was hoping that learning something new would help me,  Very Happy

BAWHAHAHA farmchiq, too funny.

14Am I truely lossing my mind? Empty Re: Am I truely lossing my mind? Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:02 am

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

For fun, you should ask where the cat is...
Bet it isn't breast-feeding, but the total lack of sleep that kills mother's brains. Then it is dealing with the rest of the growing years. Remind me why we procreate?
As they say, I don't have a bad memory, I have intellectual overload.
farm???, auh, what ever your name is, I will use that trick, it is brilliant! If I remember to, that is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum