Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

changed my mind to

+2
Nom_de_Plume
pops coops
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1changed my mind to Empty changed my mind to Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:13 am

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sorry

Last edited by pops coops on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.popscoops.com

2changed my mind to Empty It's against the law Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:03 pm

Nom_de_Plume

Nom_de_Plume

If the birds are processed at a "federally licensed" facility they can be sold anywhere in canada
if they are processed in a "provincially licensed" facility they can only be sold in that province.
That is the law.
if the plant was actually a "federally" licensed one then you will have no problem selling your product

3changed my mind to Empty Re: changed my mind to Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:06 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Changed my mind...

Last edited by uno on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

4changed my mind to Empty Re: changed my mind to Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:23 pm

Rasilon

Rasilon
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

pops coops wrote:I cannot sell eggs that are not graded and candled. You can no longer sell baking and canning that is not prepared in an approved kitchen.

I did a search and came up with this for Manitoba. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

5changed my mind to Empty Re: changed my mind to Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:52 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

Nom_de_Plume wrote:If the birds are processed at a "federally licensed" facility they can be sold anywhere in canada
if they are processed in a "provincially licensed" facility they can only be sold in that province.
That is the law.
if the plant was actually a "federally" licensed one then you will have no problem selling your product

It was provincially licensed but federally inspected. We were not told that when we brought the birds to the facility

6changed my mind to Empty it's against the law Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:56 pm

Nom_de_Plume

Nom_de_Plume

I hear you, it's unfortunate that wasn't explained to you by the owner.
For the lay person it's very difficult to differentiate because in both BC and Saskatchewan (I think a couple of other provinces as well) until the end 2013 anyhow......
CFIA has been performing the inspection services in provincial plants, unfortunately that doesn't make the product federally inspected.
Alberta has it's own provincial inspectors CFIA only works in Federally inspected plants in that province.

7changed my mind to Empty Re: changed my mind to Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:09 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

It is all behind us now, there is no processing facility in Saskatchewan so we us the hutterite colonies and they do a great job.

8changed my mind to Empty Re: changed my mind to Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:06 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

How come Uno? I missed your first post

9changed my mind to Empty Re: changed my mind to Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:25 pm

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am not judging you but be careful because in some cases it is as much against the law to lie to an officer as it is to make the illegal sale. I know that it is against the law to lie to a police officer but I am not sure about the Department Of Agriculture officers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum