Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Never mind dinner, its about brunch today

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

The last of the family food gathering eating today. I am making brunch, at Daughter's home. Oldest Daughter and Hubby have travelled to his side of the family this year. Their house is ours until tomorrow, smiling. Today, early morning, about 10:00 I am making the breakfast of champions! Crepes, whipped cream and fruit. All from our freezer (fruit). Also I am making broccoli with a white sauce and tuna, mixed with a little green onion and mayo. That will be served with seafood sauce. So ya, crepes, wholesome and wonderful "finish the food celebration" meal. My family and Farmchiq are coming to indulge, the last of that food, sigh....but a good one to bang off the end of this extravaganza. Ummmm, coffee, and coffee liquer too, hmmm.....not too much, got lots to do today, as the organizing of what I am going to do with things that have been given to me and mine. Oh, and some goodly time spent with my chooks, who have been so missing me cause I haven't been hangin' around them too much. I know they miss me, cause when my car drives by, and they are out in the snow, they come running over to as far as they can, to where the snow is not shoveled and it gets deep, in the hopes that I am coming to see me. My birds do love me. I know that. (but I know they are really users, they like that I always have something wonderful in tow for them to munch on, but it is nice to dream, now isn't it???)  Cool  Have a most beautiful day, CynthiaM.

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sounds like a wonderful morning.... I am headed off to work. Your birds go out in the snow? Our's refuse to go out unless the run has been shoveled. It's funny to watch them all gather around as I open the pop door, the first hen takes a look and stops dead in her tracks.... she shoots me a disapproving and shoulders her way back through the rest of the flock to breakfast. One after another they repeat the sequence. I guess you know the coop comfy when the birds refuse to leave it. I will not shovel a skiff of snow for the chickens...I WILL NOT!

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow Cynthia those fruit filled crepes sound wonderful. Enjoy your day.

I don't shovel my pens at all. I'm going with the tough love approach. So far its working they come out when its warmer into the deeper snow. I too get dirty looks if I'm late getting them their morning breakfast.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum