Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your edit is back but use it wisely

+8
CynthiaM
Ruffledfeathers
Fowler
Magdelan
Echo 1
authenticfarm
appway
Hidden River
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Your edit is back but use it wisely Empty Your edit is back but use it wisely Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:31 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hi everyone I do not like to moderate or upset anyone on the forum. Please understand that editing your posts and leaving a "." leaves gaps in the forum and makes things look untidy and sucks the life out of some members, myself included.
THINK before you post, if you do not want people to have your knowledge forever DONT post. If you feel you need to rant and then delete it later, please do not, think first if it is not something you want people to read DONT post it.

I have given back the edit and delete features, I don't think one member pulling posts once a year should cause everyone else to lose their freedom of editing their posts. The delete feature only works if nobody posts in response, so read your post in a preview first, if it is not something you want to share after all don't post it. If people respond to a post and you feel it is not what you want on the forum and edit it with a "." I will have to delete YOU.

From now on if there is anyone pulling posts, editing with a "." I will simply delete your account, then all your posts stay as they are with the Guest signature instead of your own. If you really don't want something you posted on the forum please PM me and I will delete it for you, but I am not going to take up my whole day deleting for people, so THINK BEFORE YOU POST please.

My rant for the day.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

2Your edit is back but use it wisely Empty Re: Your edit is back but use it wisely Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:42 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

well said Jayme
It is a shame when people delete what they said and I have seen it on the other group also besides losing great information it also makes the other post look strange . Like you said some delete because they don't like what others have said or they were proven wrong on things that were posted
Oh well different Subject. LOL
as for deleting I dont post that much as it is so I dont have to worry about my post but the edit button is good as sometimes my brain goes faster then my Fingers
Hope now people dont feel like they have to leave because they cant delete or edit
Thanks for the work you do on here
Joe

3Your edit is back but use it wisely Empty Re: Your edit is back but use it wisely Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:44 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks Jayme. Hopefully we won't lose members now that the edit option is back.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

4Your edit is back but use it wisely Empty Re: Your edit is back but use it wisely Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:07 pm

Taking heed. Thank you very much Hidden!

5Your edit is back but use it wisely Empty Re: Your edit is back but use it wisely Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:35 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I hereby solemnly do swear to use the edit button for for good and not for evil! Spelling and grammar only, I promise! In all seriousness ..... Thank you for giving it back, I have found it most helpful when my tragic spelling rears it's ugly head.

6Your edit is back but use it wisely Empty Re: Your edit is back but use it wisely Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:55 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

thank you, I appreciate.

7Your edit is back but use it wisely Empty Re: Your edit is back but use it wisely Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:49 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very well put.

8Your edit is back but use it wisely Empty Re: Your edit is back but use it wisely Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:12 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very well put Jamie.

I personally was thinking that my posts were going to get very ugly. Do to the pressure I feel with grammar and spelling. Glad I can edit my notoriously bad habit of my fingers being to fast and my brain being on holidays, sadly that's most of the time, lol.

9Your edit is back but use it wisely Empty Re: Your edit is back but use it wisely Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:23 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think it is good to have an edit button. But mine is not there, does everyone see an edit button, or is it just me? Where's the edit button? Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

10Your edit is back but use it wisely Empty Re: Your edit is back but use it wisely Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:57 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

It should be beside the quote button.

11Your edit is back but use it wisely Empty Re: Your edit is back but use it wisely Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:28 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

CynthiaM wrote:I think it is good to have an edit button.  But mine is not there, does everyone see an edit button, or is it just me?  Where's the edit button?  Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

I don't have an edit button either.

12Your edit is back but use it wisely Empty Re: Your edit is back but use it wisely Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:38 am

Critter Haven Farm

Critter Haven Farm

neither do I.... edit button, that is.

13Your edit is back but use it wisely Empty Re: Your edit is back but use it wisely Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:49 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have mine.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

14Your edit is back but use it wisely Empty Re: Your edit is back but use it wisely Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:56 am

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hooray for edit buttons!

ETA- I have my edit button! Chicken 

15Your edit is back but use it wisely Empty Re: Your edit is back but use it wisely Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:18 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

You might have to log off and log back in to get it back.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

16Your edit is back but use it wisely Empty Re: Your edit is back but use it wisely Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:44 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I like the edit button for spelling, I usually make a typo of some sort and once I see that I spelled something wrong I have to correct it.  Could be because my grandmother was a perfect speller and always correcting me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum