Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where did the edit button go?

+9
SerJay
uno
bcboy
Echo 1
Hidden River
CynthiaM
Schipperkesue
rosewood
authenticfarm
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Where did the edit button go? Empty Where did the edit button go? Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:46 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

How am I going to correct my typos?

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

2Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:56 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

The edit button was there yesterday. I had trouble with the insert name button when you are doing a quote. As soon as I tried to type the name the quotation marks and the quote box would disappear.

3Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:21 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jaime, correct me if I am wrong. You have removed the edit button so people cannot pull their posts and mess up the continuity of a thread.

I guess if you want to edit you can do so in another post.

4Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:26 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Jaime, correct me if I am wrong.  You have removed the edit button so people cannot pull their posts and mess up the continuity of a thread.

I guess if you want to edit you can do so in another post.

My need for perfection cannot handle this.

5Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:32 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

6Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:43 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh, oh, this will annoy some people terribly and is already. I don't care, but others really might. Have wonderful days, CynthiaM.

7Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:51 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sorry everyone, I removed the edit button and might return it but still working things out. I don't like when people post something and have some interesting things in the thread just for others to go in and edit their post to delete it. The way the forum is set up is that you cannot delete a post if someone else has posted on it in an answer so the only way people can delete what they say is to edit it and put a "." leaving great gaps in our forum.
This is a place to come and gain knowledge, and I know I talked with Tara last year that her posts were her property, but I feel if you are going to post on an open forum with other members you are sharing your information and to come along and delete it a year down the road is just upsetting to the community here. So by removing this edit button I have solved this problem.

I am saying this now, IF YOU DONT WANT OTHERS TO HAVE YOUR INFORMATION DO NOT POST IT!

I am looking into other ways to solve this so people can still go in and correct their mistakes in a post, I will add back the delete button because if you do post something that didn't turn out like you wanted you can delete it and try again. I know it is not as easy as editing but there is no other way around this at this point.

Thanks for your cooperation.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

8Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:55 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I appreciated the delete button when I left ACE. Delete is better than nothing!

9Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:57 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

This is not on all forums, only on the main ones like general discussion, advice needed and useful information. The rest are just as they have been you can delete or edit them.
The delete is back now for everyone.

Again sorry I had to do this but I hate gaps in the forum.

10Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:17 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I will have to apologize in advance for spelling and grammar errors.... I too miss the edit button

11Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:38 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Echo 1 wrote:I will have to apologize in advance for spelling and grammar errors.... I too miss the edit button
I'm not perfect and if any one makes spelling mistakes, hey that's all right with me....
because i'm perphect . Razz 

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

12Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:30 pm

No edit button? This displeases me.

13Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:01 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Like good students you will now all have to edit before you submit your work!  Razz 

14Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:30 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Maybe you should have a topic, Pointless Drivel, where the more emotionally challenged here can vent, blurt, pontificate, expound and rant and then be able to delete it when they calm down later.

I am a very visceral, reactive, hot blooded type and I fly off the handle. BUt later I think oh gee, I sounded a wee bit whacko in that post. Perhaps I should vent and blow off steam in 'Writings and Rantings' instead of General Discussion?

15Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:46 am

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Nope no delta button for Uno the rantings are just too entertaining Smile   Yikes anytime I post though you may need an interpreter if I can't edit to fix my many oopses…  Oopses thats a word right Sue  drunken

16Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:11 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

No worries. I'll just use liquid paper.

17Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:46 am

newbe enthusiast

newbe enthusiast

Fowler wrote:No worries.  I'll just use liquid paper.
Laughing myself silly right now! lol! 

18Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:11 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I suspect that we will be losing some valuable forum members if we are not allowed to edit/remove posts on our own.

19Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:22 pm

authenticfarm wrote:I suspect that we will be losing some valuable forum members if we are not allowed to edit/remove posts on our own.

That's for true.

20Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:38 pm

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I think I can put my big girl panties on and put up with people who wish to pull their posts, or delete them, or edit them after the fact. I think it is important that people feel safe here, and that it isn't stressful in anyway..and this is purely selfish because I benefit from all of the knowledge placed here. I read it,,and if it isn't there later..then so be it...another post will address the issue later..and others will chime in.
I vote to return the place to its previous grandeur  Where did the edit button go? 1440965184 

21Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:42 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree.

22Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:48 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Me too, but ultimately it is the forum administrators call.
I don't mind people being able to be who they are. Some are deleters, I happen to not be. I try to think before I post (try to but not always) but then I am happy to live with it staying. I think in the years I have been here I have only deleted 1 or 2 things. But I do think it is nice to be able to do that. If it is because things look different the next day, or because you have rethought things and see it differently or if maybe you were hasty and decided maybe what you said was offensive or taken the wrong way. Whatever, I don't mind the deletions. I think it does leave holes in long threads, but I think enough others contribute to make the threads still worthwhile.
Anyways, just my feelings on this, maybe I will come back and delete them later.  Wink 

23Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:31 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Edit button is back. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

24Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

25Where did the edit button go? Empty Re: Where did the edit button go? Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:42 pm

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

what a great thing  rabbit 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum