Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Poor Poor Pony and an unintended twisted experiment

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hubby and I were out feeding and checking the horses for the final time of the day. Hubby rushed through his part of the chores a little faster than usual to get back to the hockey game. I tend to take longer than he does and was enjoying the sounds of the night when I noticed our much loved stallion wasn't eating! Horse refusing to eat grain... push the panic button! I checked his feeder, hay not touched...grain not touched. Water was full and open. In desperation I threw a flake of hay on the snow for him ..... the big guy dove right in and was chewing contentedly with in seconds. Weird! When I got back in the house I asked hubby, his response was "there is probably a electric fence wire in the tub again....he keeps breaking them". Sure enough the hot wire was broken and the end still connected to the fencing unit lay under his grain and hay. Every time he tried to eat he was punished for it! Poor guy, a victim of the unintended twisted experiment. I feel like such a mean horse mommy!

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Is this what they mean when they say his oats make him hot? Get it, hot oats? Nyuk, nyuk. Poor pony!

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Poor guy.
How is he breaking the fence wire? Hope my goats don't learn that trick!

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

HEHEHE! Yup hot oats! I wish I knew how they break the hot wire.... seems to happen once in a while

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Don't these things just make ya wonder. I can well imagine how he felt each time he desired to eat, at least he has respect of the hot wire Smile . Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Awe! Lol...the poor dood! Hubby is like that too. Gets everything done and done! I doddle...but that extra time allows me to notice out of place things.

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

good observing Echo1. guess it will become a check point now, seeing as how it has happened more than once. It reminded me of a dog who peed on an electric fence and of course this was bad ju ju for him, he growled at it :-).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum