Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy New Year everyone

+12
Karaandblue
authenticfarm
Buff
coopslave
IzzyD
uno
KendraG
rosewood
blackdove
newbe enthusiast
Magdelan
bcboy
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Happy New Year everyone Empty Happy New Year everyone Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:55 pm

I hope you all have a lovely night of celebration whatever form that takes  Sleep or  drunken  or whatever... Thank you for being a great group of knowledgeable, interesting, sharing and tolerant people. 

Cheers.

2Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year everyone Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:05 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

3Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year everyone Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:07 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

yeah, happy new year to one and all  Smile .

4Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year Everyone Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:08 pm

newbe enthusiast

newbe enthusiast

I hope you have a great New Year as well I will be sleeping into mine. Cheers! Sleep 

5Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year everyone Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:50 pm

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

cheers  Happy New Year Everyone!

6Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year everyone Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:04 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Happy New Years from Rosewood Farm. It will be a quiet one here after a several days of being entertained by gkids. We're going to watch a movie and drink home made wine.

7Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year everyone Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:38 pm

KendraG

KendraG

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

8Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year everyone Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:15 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

A great year for each and every one of you. Thanks for being a community of people whom I'm glad to know, as well as we can in this internet village. Blessings to all.

9Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year everyone Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:17 am

IzzyD

IzzyD

Happy new year everyone!!

10Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year everyone Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:45 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Happy New Year everyone. I had an early night and still slept in. Well, my first sleep in for the holidays so I don't feel to bad!

11Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year everyone Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:18 am

Buff

Buff

Happy 2014 to all!

12Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year everyone Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:24 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Happy New Year! We had a nice, low-key evening with family that wrapped up early. Pizza, cheese ball, treats, a few drinks, some t.v.

Although I seem to have an extra daughter in my house this morning ....

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

13Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year everyone Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:30 am

Karaandblue

Karaandblue

All the best in 2014 to all of you. Let's write an amazing 365 day book outta this one!!!!! Cheers!!

14Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year everyone Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:09 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Happy New Year Everyone! I wish you all the best in the year to come! May it be filled with love, happiness, and CHICKENS!!!!

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

15Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year everyone Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:48 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

SilkieB! Long time no post!

Please share a little about your life! We miss you!

16Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year everyone Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:49 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

And....

17Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year everyone Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:24 pm

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Schipperkesue wrote:SilkieB!  Long time no post!

Please share a little about your life! We miss you!

Good Morning!  I popped in to do a little catching up this morning.

Well, I must say that this past year has been over all really quite fantastic.  Pretty busy too.  I've been working quite a bit.  Since this summer I was at 2 jobs.  One was at the craft store, and the other the bakery.  In November, I started working full time at the Bakery and I absolutely LOVE it.  It's a cozy place with warmth and great smells.  I have the honor of making all the fruit pies, and muffins, scones and that sort of thing.  The food is all made from scratch and like home baking.  The woman I work for and with is so, so wonderful.  She is down to earth and real.  I also really love my other co-worker.  They are really special people.  The hours are perfect, because I love mornings so starting at 7am is great.  Then off by 3pm, which is awesome because I can swing by and pick up my youngest from school on the way home (we live right across from the high school so my oldest just comes home on her own).  I get to spend more time with my girls this way.  

This really has been a wonderful year.  I've learned quite a bit about myself and what I  am capable of. My girls are settling into life really quite well. I've gotten to know Forest better, and he really is the best of friends.

I miss living out of town, but We've managed to squeeze in a few nice little hikes this fall.  I really enjoy getting out.  

This was my favorite hike of the year I think.  It's up Gunsight Moutain.  It really is the most beautiful place.  I can hardly wait to go again.

Had to run and jump in the picture.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm just in love with this place.  We need to go back and capture it when the flowers in in bloom... and I really want to hike the mountain ridge line.  

A few weeks back we hiked into the frozen Exstew Falls.  They are quite beautiful year round.  

I do miss the rural life and having my chickens soooo much, but right now I think that I am where I am supposed to be...

18Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year everyone Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:53 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi Silkiebantam, I'm pretty new here but did live in Terrace for a couple of years. We arrived straight from NZ in to the wilds of Terrace, what an amazing place it is indeed. Love seeing your photographs, reminds me of some of the adventures we had. We lived right in town too, pretty close to the hospital in a nasty apartment building so getting out of town was wonderful and if we hadn't had the pathfinder we would have missed a lot of wonderful off track places. We went to the top of Thornhill Mtn one time and caught the sunset, was like being on top of the world - took some photos and now when I look at them they make me think I was so high up we could have been looking out the window of a 747! So glad to see your pictures. Is the bakery you work in a new one (last couple years) or has it been there for a while? I used to like the one that has a cookie for its sign (think it was a cookie, maybe it was a cookie jar), was on my way to the library but we seldom had spare cash for things like bakery goodies. Now and then a treat :-). That frozen waterfall, quite amazing indeed.

19Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year everyone Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:17 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oooo! I know those apartments of which you speak. Waaay back in 2004, my ex lost his license and we lived in them for about 8 months. Not such a nice place. lol. I'm in an apartment now, but they are quiet and the managers run a tight ship, which I like. They're quiet. It is different to get used to apartment living again after living out in the country. I recently introduced myself to an elderly lady who just moved in and she was having the same problem after living out of town for 30 years. But at 84, her family don't think she should be out there by her self anymore. She's a feisty one though.

I haven't been up Thornhill Mountain for many years, but I do remember it as being very beautiful. I think you can drive or take an ATV to the top, if memory serves me... I hope to maybe make it up there next summer. This past year I have been working almost all weekends, so getting out has been a bit of a challenge. One of the great things about my new job at the bakery is I will have every Sunday and Monday off. Which gives me a weekend day to have adventures with other people.

The bakery that you remember is called The Cookie Jar. When the Co-op shut down years ago, the people who worked in the bakery there opened the Cookie Jar. Sometimes the baking in there isn't quite so fresh. They do have quite a bit of selection though. I work at the Baker Extraordinaire, and they specialize more in breads (they grind the wholewheat flour right there). It's a smaller bakery, and they try and bake what will sell in a day, so that the bread sold is always fresh from that day. We also make pies, scones, muffins and cookies (we also did some Christmas Baking). All made from scratch. They had a Bakery in PG for quite a few years before they moved to Terrace, and we still ship Bread to PG.

20Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year everyone Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:08 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

wow that sounds like a lovely bakery! the real deal. there is nothing like the smell of fresh baked bread and other goodies. I have two minutes to type before taking my son to work. I love those fiesty folks who are determined to live where they want and how they want. I just love the fighting spirit. Not so easy to live with maybe but silver linings all the way :-).

We would never have gotten to the top of Thornhill without the help of the combustion engine! well, my fit husband might have but me and the boys would have been lagging a little, I'd have felt achievement at the 1/4 way mark! So cool you have days off to get out, that's a must do in Terrace I think, lot to see and a lot of going for it people there. Have you got the pine mushroom bug? I was obsessed.

Got to run :-)

21Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year everyone Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:39 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have picked mushrooms a few times, but never really caught the pine mushroom fever.  My boyfriend picks.  Mostly I love taking pictures of mushrooms.  There are so many beautiful ones.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

22Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year everyone Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:44 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

wow, you are quite the photographer Silkiebantam!  and the subject matter is near and dear to me.  What kind of camera do you use?  Mine is a really old sony which was totally the shizbah with 3.2 mega pixels  Razz .  I used to love stopping anywhere along the road side and walking through that couple of meters of trees and then you are into Narnia, all mossy and fairytale like glades.  Then on to the quarry (mushrooms of course).  Nearly got lost once on the way to New Aiyansh   -  scary scary, first night it snowed and still moose hunting season, no materials for a fire or anything.  Were lost for a couple of hours and did I ever sweat that one.   But the chuckling mushroom calls and I am surprised that more people don't get lost following it's elusive giggles and laughter.  

I think you have some yellow-leg chantarelles in the top picture but can't tell fully, need to see if the depression on the top goes right down inside the stem like a funnel.  I love them :-).  Got to be sure with those guys though  -  otherwise you might be tripping away into who knows where with a little LBM (little brown mushroom  -  my expert book by David Arora has a whole section devoted to the LBM, highly coveted by some for trippy trippy but not by me,  Evil or Very Mad , I like my liver and brain in happy shape  Twisted Evil ).   Thanks for posting those photos, really nice ones.  Here's the view from the top of the world, Thornhill Mtn  -  stellar view.  Hope you get up there when the snow has melted this year :-).  

looking towards the coast, Prince Rupert/Kitimat
not sure this direction, maybe north?  must be.

23Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year everyone Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:51 pm

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh! I was really hoping that you would post some pictures from up there! That is so, so beautiful! Part of my scheme is to pack some gear up on Gunsight Mountain and camp up there. I'm dying to get a sunset from up on a mountain top pictures.

I believe the lake in your picture is Lakelse Lake (The word Lakelse is a native word that means "Clams", of which there are many in the lake and river (Lakelse river). The other picture that you posted that you weren't sure of is of (or I think it is) of the Seven Sisters Mountains near Smither, quite far away.

Seven Sisters.
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]

Ahhh yes, the magical world of the forest When we go hiking it takes forever because I get side tracked crawling around in the moss taking pictures of mushrooms and really cool plants. It really does feel like you are leaving reality sometimes. This spring I was finding really cool plants that are parasitic living off of other plants and fungus's. Some of my favorites were the Indian Pipes, Ground Cones and Coral Roots. I also found a couple species of Sundews that catch and eat bugs. Soooo Cool.

Mushroom picking can be pretty dangerous. I'm glad you found your way out. This fall a couple young Men got lost picking mushrooms. Maybe you heard the story on the news? My boyfriend knew them personally (One was his work partners brother, and the other he had just started working with). Since Forest (my boyfriend) knew them and knew the area that they were picking and went missing in he was part of the search effort to find them. They were missing for 15 days. Only one made it out alive, and that was incredible. No one expected him to be alive given the amount of time and the cold wet weather we were having. The whole thing was very tragic and we can't understand why it happened. They were in an area where if they had just went down hill they would have hit the train tracks and Skeena River. Instead, they went up the mountain... They crossed many streams, and why they didn't follow them down is beyond us... Anyways, always be careful out there.

My Camera is a Canon EOS D60. I like it quite a bit. It would be nice to have a nice Macro lense, and maybe one with better zoom for getting those far away shots.

24Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year everyone Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:20 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Beautiful pics ladies. Makes me long for that area again. I miss the 7 sisters.

25Happy New Year everyone Empty Re: Happy New Year everyone Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:35 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Happy New Year All!

Great to hear from you again Silkie B! Lovely photos - I think your skill is improving - and your life too I think.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum