Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

First ducklings of the year!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1First ducklings of the year! Empty First ducklings of the year! Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:52 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well technically the second, I hatched one of Miry's boy's ducks a couple weeks ago, but this is the first of my ducks.
I have 2 black ducks (out of my daughter's black duck which we have no idea how she came about, thinking pekin rouen???), then 2 yellow ducks (thinking buff or buff crosses, possible welsh in there?) and 1 Aussie spot with 2 more that loook like Ausies in the hatcher, havent taken them out yet so not sure.
I am very happy with this hatch, far better than the last one.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

2First ducklings of the year! Empty Re: First ducklings of the year! Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:39 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yeah! Congrats! I'm expecting my very first ever duckling hatch the first week of May I'm so excited! I've been hovering over those eggs the last couple weeks and so far they are doing well. Hopefully my wishing and hoping will get them to hatch well Smile We need duckling pics Hidden!

3First ducklings of the year! Empty Re: First ducklings of the year! Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:39 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Daisy, my Saxony duckling is my only one to hatch so far. I can't seem to hatch duck eggs. I keep losing them between the second and third week! Any ideas? On a good note, Daisy is a spoiled house duckling. Loves to have a bath in my deep soaker tub, get dried off and then hang out in the kitchen munching grapes. I love her!!

4First ducklings of the year! Empty Re: First ducklings of the year! Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:34 pm

brighthavenfarm

brighthavenfarm
New Here

I had 11 out of 12 eggs hatch while being incubated by a broody crested duck. Very Happy Never tried it in an incubator. Don't own an incubator... It was very exciting, though. I sold 5 - kept 6. Unfortunately, I lost all but one, plus my drake and my adult runner to coyotes this winter. It was devastating Crying or Very sad

Gonna try again with Saxonys (I hope Wink ), and Harlequins. Fortunately I still have the broody duck and her daughter from last year, so hopefully I can get away without incubators...

http://www.brighthavenfarm.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum