Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stop the Monsanto frankenseed factory

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stop the Monsanto frankenseed factory Empty Stop the Monsanto frankenseed factory Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:12 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Does anyone here get emails from Avaaz.org to sign their petition?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Before people make the commitment to sign a petition, is there an unbiased article or write up about this event that can be read to help form an opinion?

Instead of signing a mindless petition, it would be better if one million people got off their butts and planted something as little as a herb window box. It would take as much effort as flailing their arms about shouting "The sky is falling!".

My dog brought in a frozen goose pucky... I'm thinking that is more worthy to sign!

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

JDWest wrote:Instead of signing a mindless petition, it would be better if one million people got off their butts and planted something as little as a herb window box. It would take as much effort as flailing their arms about shouting "The sky is falling!"

Interesting comment, JD. Avaaz is a strong proponent of online petitions. They have been accused of "Slacktivism". In other words, a way for people to engage without really doing anything.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank you, BCBoy.

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Interesting notion. I wonder if big Corp could actually like petitions. It does allow our integrity and sloth to join forces. I do recall seeing something about a charity (Unicef maybe) saying it needed money, not 'Likes'. Could online campaigns be another way to divert us? "Here, chew on this rubber bone and leave the Monsanto furniture alone."

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good discussion.

Was just talking to my Brother in Law who is a big letter writer. He says in a day of emails and on line petitions the power of a letter on paper sent by mail with a signature in ink and a telephone number and address of the writer has incredible and virtually immediate results. I think the email and petition are just too easy and aren't taken seriously compared to the old fashioned letter.

Just a thought.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

I was going to send them a email once , but after seeing that they ( Monsanto ) had donated money to a community rink ? |I kinda thought that It wouldn't go to far ! Most people don't realize how much they donate to communities , and I'm not a follower to Monsanto ! , that most people will only see that part of Monsanto and thus ??  I figure that as long as do my part and not endorse them that at least I'm doing something ............my thoughts

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum