Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Government Protects the Factory Egg Market

+2
ipf
Fowler
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Big Brother in action.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ipf

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I hope folks fight.

They tried to do the same thing here on Salt Spring a few years back, but after some creative protesting and mass flouting of the rules, they gave up and now leave us alone.

There are many stores here that sell local eggs.

Swamp Hen

Swamp Hen

"Unfortunately when you get into business, there are rules, regulations that we all have to adhere to. There's inspections out there and that's not all bad and they’re there to protect the consumers," Coburn said."

Uh huh. Cigarets are widely scientifically accepted to cause cancer. Cancer, it kills people. Funny how the government still allows their sale and makes billions of dollars in proffit off a product that KILLS.

But we have to "protect" the consumers.

I wouldnt be so disgusted with the whole thing if there was some smaller body that could "inspect" us small scale producers and put in place REASONABLE regulations. But hey, that would mean the Big Boys might loose a few dollars, and we cant have that now can we?

4Government Protects the Factory Egg Market Empty Factory egg market Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:18 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

We won a little battle on Gabriola too, they tried to tell the farmers market concession that she couldn't sell cinnamon buns made with farm eggs... Surprised the inspector made it off the island in one piece...he never bothered the farmers market again and was moved to another district.

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

ipf

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yay islands!

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I could SO write these stories;

Customers left scrambling as hard boiled Health Department cracks down on Real Food Connection, accusing them of playing a shell game and poaching commercial egg sales. Story dated Fryday, July 6.

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Fowler, you slay me!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

My goodness, Fowler, you have missed your calling!

Imagine this, I have gotten to the end of the thread and the article is still loading. Why do news articles take so long?

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

They may have found a way around the regulations by using a refrigerated truck outside.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum